Exhaust on the 300 six

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Straight6

Reaction score
I have a 300 in my Bronco and it needs a new exhaust system, I have read on this forum that increasing the size of the exhaust will yield more power but how much larger should I make it and does the manifold need to be changed out?

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
I have a 300 in my Bronco and it needs a new exhaust system, I have read on this forum that increasing the size of the exhaust will yield more power but how much larger should I make it and does the manifold need to be changed out?
17986[/snapback]

Really don't go much bigger then stock case you'll lose low end power where needed in a bronco. Free flowing cat and muffler will gain quite a bit. Find a split manifoild on a EFI 6 and you'll gain use plus be able to run duels easy

OP
OP
S

Straight6

Reaction score
How does a split manifold work with the stock one barrel carb and what is envolved in changing it to say a two barrel?

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
How does a split manifold work with the stock one barrel carb and what is envolved in changing it to say a two barrel?
18055[/snapback]

The EFI Exhaust manifold is just like adding a header. adding a 2bbl intake is easy. Check part catalogs and you'll find the 2bbl inkates for the 300-6. Just dont throw a big 500+ CFM flowing 2bbl carb on it.

The 300-6 can be built into one heck of a 6 with mod's up to a 4bbl carb. try www.bigsix.com

OP
OP
S

Straight6

Reaction score
TXquad, my current exhaust manifold is the exhaust & intake manifold combination, is there a pic or web site I can see to figure out how an efi manifold will work with my current setup. Also if I go to a two barrel carb how does this effect my exhaust system?

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
TXquad, my current exhaust manifold is the exhaust & intake manifold combination, is there a pic or web site I can see to figure out how an efi manifold will work with my current setup.  Also if I go to a two barrel carb how does this effect my exhaust system?
18141[/snapback]

See if this page helps.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/showthre...ht=EFI+manifold

texan79&96

Reaction score
in the last 2 years (95-96) ford went with a new exhuast manifold that flows much better than the previous years. clifford performance is an awesome place for 300 six buildups also you should check out.

OP
OP
S

Straight6

Reaction score
Will a late model EFI exhaust manifold work with my current 83' combined intake and exhaust manifold and if so how, if not, what do I need to do. Furthermore, you might be wondering why all of the questions, well I have never seen an EFI setup on a 300 inline stock or otherwise nor do I know what the parts look like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat