Engine Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bearcat

Reaction score
I own a 91 model F-150 4 wheel drive with a 300 Straight 6 in it the motor just layed down on me although it has been a very good one I am wanting to replace it with a 302. I had the transmision rebuilt about a year ago and i was wanting to know if it will bolt up to the 302. I am thinking that it is the E4OD trans. I do know that it is the heavy duty one. Any info will help along with anything else that i might need to swap. Thanks

Billz4x4z

Reaction score
should bolt right in with a change in motor mounts,you may have to modify the t-case mount but should work out ok

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Pretty sure you have to have the V8 flywheel too as they are weighted different other than that it will bolt to your tranny and Billz4x4z is right you do have to change the motor mounts and actually the frame mounts to the V8 style as for the t case mount in a 91 it hangs off the back of the tranny so you wont have to change any of that :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK