Engine hoist tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

winger4647

Reaction score
I have a 79 Bronco and have to remove both heads off my 400 by myself. I do have an engine lift to assist this 78 y/o guy but not sure what to connect the chains to so I do not cause any damage. Appreciate any comments on the subject. I realize that 2 people can lift the heads out but not an option.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I have a 79 Bronco and have to remove both heads off my 400 by myself. I do have an engine lift to assist this 78 y/o guy but not sure what to connect the chains to so I do not cause any damage. Appreciate any comments on the subject. I realize that 2 people can lift the heads out but not an option.
Hey Winger. If memory serves me, your 400 uses a pedestal type rocker arm, (apologies, I havent done one in close to 20 yrs)
Once the rockers are off and the head bolts are out, you can attach the chain using 2 of the pedestal bolts, one on either end.
Cheers

OP
OP
winger4647

winger4647

Reaction score
Hey Winger. If memory serves me, your 400 uses a pedestal type rocker arm, (apologies, I havent done one in close to 20 yrs)
Once the rockers are off and the head bolts are out, you can attach the chain using 2 of the pedestal bolts, one on either end.
Cheers
Thanks for the reply. I just was not sure if the pedestal bolts would take the stress.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are leaving the exhaust manifold on you can sling a chain around that for one side.

Main thing is don't lift until you have all the bolts out. LOL With a cherry picker you will break stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane