Engine Colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
I think I have a spun main bearing.. odd thing is, it was while it was not running (still sratching head but should know for sure this weekend :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Anyways.. ford blue is boring to me..... and am considering going with canary yellow for the engine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyone else have off colors on your engines?

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
i would be nice if you could coordinate the engine with interior or exterior.freak's bronco and engine is red along with chrome and yellow accents. it looks like your truck is blue. seems like canary yellow might be a little loud. i cant say mutch because mine is all flat grey. really you should choose what suits you best and fits your truck best. one thing i havent seen often is black. my $.02

OP
OP
B

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
Hopefully I will have it all together again in just a few days :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and running again by the weekend :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And I went with...

Ford Red :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I won't have any pics until I am ready to drop it back in, but so far, looks hot :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

tagto138

Reaction score
mine's the same as windchasers. i think it's a good universal color, not. anyway for some different color considerations try a local fireplace/ woodstove store. the one by me has about 30 different colors in hi temp applications

veniz23

Reaction score
Everything on my block is either black or silver. The intake is silver and the air cleaner is chrome, valve cover breather are chrome, chrome dipstick and tube, and a shiny edelbrock. I hope to be putting some shiny new headers on soon. I have always liked black and silver or chrome.

G

Not that I seriously need an answer for this, but I wonder... If you wanted to go down to the Sherwin William's Auto Paint store, what color would you ask for to get "Ford Blue."

Is it called that? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BigRedTruck

Reaction score
Not that I seriously need an answer for this, but I wonder... If you wanted to go down to the Sherwin William's Auto Paint store, what color would you ask for to get "Ford Blue."
Is it called that?  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This was my Q:

:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
In spite of looking a little dark in the picture, mine is Ford blue which is lighter than what it looks like in the picture. Ford blue is called FORD BLUE, I doubt that Sherman Williams would have it but you can find engine paint at your local friendly auto parts store and it is labled as Ford Blue.

So yeesh, sorry 88pimpin but it actually is.

:)>-

OP
OP
B

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
I decided on Ford Red :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's a sneak peek - upside down right now, just finished installing the crank when the sun went down and had to get it covered :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

engine.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23