Emergency Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bkh114

Reaction score
I have rebuilt my "74" frame off, strong and beutiful. I just don't trust the factory emergency brake locking mechanism to keep my bronco & vessel from rolling back into the lake & embarrassing me in front of thy enemies. Does anybody know of a more relaible mechanism from any model vehicle that would fit in my bronco with out much fabrication?

Wildturkey

Reaction score
I saw a line lock kit at BCBroncos.com that locks the rear brakes with a push button switch going to the rear brake line.Not recommended by them for a replacement for E brakes but I bet it would work.Make sure your ebrake cables are adjusted and in good working order.Always be safe with brakes.HTHs

ouzel

Reaction score
This is not a long term solution but stop-blocks behind the wheels are less embarassing then your rig floating away. I have also seen a disc brake unit that was set up behind the transfer case, in front of the drive-shaft. I think it was for a Suzuki Samurai, but it looked pretty good. Sorry don't remember where I saw it but it was probaly advertised in a magizine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23