Eaten Up Rear Quarter Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Bronco

Reaction score
I have a 93 ford bronco with a 4 inch supension lift with 35's looks good......from a distance i have alot of rear quarter panel rust and holes under paint that some guy sprayed over it. im thinken of just replacing the whole quarter panels. also the paint suckes. the guy i bought it from did a home made paint job. went to a body shop and got an estimate of $8000 plus THAT IS ALOT!!!!

grande_guerre

grande mondiale
Reaction score
that is alot! i went to a bunch of shops to get estimates on mine and it has a fair amount of rust and dents. But the max estimate i got was around 4000. personally i'd replace the panels, see if jeff's bronco graveyard has any or check out LMC, they have just about anything bronco related.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Ditto on grande_querre's comment. The best way is replace the metal. Most body shops will use bondo to hide the defects unless you tell them you want new metal and NO bondo except to blend in the metal patches.

You might find out that you can ahve all the fun and satisfaction yourself :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Body work isn't that hard and is similar to wood working. Just go over the entire truck including under the rugs.

Good luck,

:)>-

Seabronc

Reaction score
PS

When you get done replace those lame Ford splash guards that allow mud and stuff to get in places like the rear door posts and back of the quarter panel with custom splash guards that you can make yourself and seal to the quarter panel properly.

I made a set out of mud flaps for a 18 wheeler. Picture attached. I have a patttern if you want one.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Cool idea on the flaps, SeaB!!!

BigB, it may be possible to weld a patch panel over the wheel opening (if that's the only area of rust) after cutting out the arch, or possibly even cutting the opening out and using extended fender flares. However, if the rust is higher up, or along the ends, then a new 1/4 panel would be the best. Everyone will tell you that merely sanding down the infected spots and covering with Bondo will be rusted out again in a few months.

A new panel will run about $300, plus $80 freight. One place to check out is your local salvage yard. Not only might you find a good set of panels on a used Bronco, but many yards also can order new panels. Granted, these parts are not OEM or NOS, but are usually close to original, with minor fitment needed. Replacing the panels is a real bear, that's why many folks try to patch up or cover the rust.

One other option is a fiberglass panel offered by Autofab. (www.autofab.com) It involves cutting out most of the original panel, and using Dzus fasteners, but it's flared out for larger tires. Styling is 92-96.

Welcome to BroncoZone :)>-

EB Bronco

Reaction score
I've got a catalog from NPD (National Parts Depot) that is specifically for Ford

Pickups and Broncos. They sell entire quarter panels, but also have wheel flare repair sections that can be welded in. The repair sections are less than $50. Their phone number for a free catalog is 352-378-9000.

Roger

Seabronc

Reaction score
I got my metal from the bedof a F150 pickup in a junk yard. It took a little cutting and bending on the ends, but worked fine.

:)>-

1990bronco

Reaction score
check out jeffs bronco graveyard.i bought both quarters for 400 for both.100 for shipping.my truck is getting overhauled as for floors rockers a little bit of everything.so scope out jeffs bronco graveyard.

dave :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat