difficult starting after short trips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92bronco_in_progress

Yeah its a 92 bronco
Reaction score
just brainstorming, and i thought i would throw this out there.......it could be the ignition control module on the distributor

Last edited by a moderator:

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I think that there is something wrong in that if he has spark at the coil like he says, but not out of the distributor that means the the hall effect pickup coil is working, so is the EFI module. The problem is somewhere between the coil wire, the cap to the rotor connection and then the rotor to cap gap, through each of the eight wires to each of the eight plugs.

I recall shift1313 speaking of a pin inside the dizzy that breaks or comes loose or something, and when that happens the rotor does not turn. What I don;t know is... does that pin only affect the rotor? OR does it affect the spindle that interacts with the pick up coil inside the dizzy too?

I guess we'll know soon.

OP
OP
J

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
I think that there is something wrong in that if he has spark at the coil like he says, but not out of the distributor that means the the hall effect pickup coil is working, so is the EFI module. The problem is somewhere between the coil wire, the cap to the rotor connection and then the rotor to cap gap, through each of the eight wires to each of the eight plugs.
I recall shift1313 speaking of a pin inside the dizzy that breaks or comes loose or something, and when that happens the rotor does not turn. What I don;t know is... does that pin only affect the rotor? OR does it affect the spindle that interacts with the pick up coil inside the dizzy too?

I guess we'll know soon.
I'm still waiting on my girlfriend to stop being a pain and help me with inspecting the distributor. I cant start it and take the dizzy cap off and look inside by myself. I'll try to search for more info on this pin you speak of in the mean time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls