Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glidenonk2

Reaction score
Is it possible to take the dash seats and all out of a 95 and put it in my 79? how much modifying is there to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

4xfan78

Reaction score
I have never tried it but I dont think that it would be easy, but Iwould not say that it is impossible. If you do it post some before and after pics.

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
The seat will bolt right in without any problems. Just installing the newer dash will be a killer. The hole dash on the newer model truck will completely unbolt from the firewall. cutting and forming the newer model dash will be your trouble side. even though it don't look it the newer model dash is anout 4" wider then your 79. I'm sure it can be done, But your fab skills will have to be good and don't plan on it to be a weekend bolt in job.

Jonne78

Reaction score
I remember seeing some company that sold a kit to do it, but I forget where I saw it at. I remember that there were pictures of them taking the dash out of a 93-96 Ford Truck/Bronco and putting it in a 1978 Bronco.

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
Aside from the seats, anything related to the interior will require mild, to extensive, modifications... IIRC, the 92-6 dash is narrower(not by much tho), and the door panels are longer

I had wanted to do that too, til I found this little bit out, and decided against it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat