Cranks And Wont Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83Bronco

Reaction score
Hi, This 83 bronco i just bought is a straight 6, 4 speed. I turn the key and it just cranks. Giving it gas doesnt help. It did the same thing a few days ago, and then randomly started then just died if i let it die to 0mph. Yesterday it wouldnt start again, then I moved the choke (I think? its the little peice of metal in the opening in the air filter container) So it coverd the hole , then the bronco started. Today it wont start again. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sarah :huh:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Have someone hold the choke plate or "butterfly" open with a long screwdriver while you try to start it. If the engine starts, your choke is in need of adjustment or not working at all. If no one is there to help you, you can use a small stick about the size and length of your finger to hold the choke open. Just be careful, because the carburetor can backfire and spit gas thru the top. If the linkage on the side of the carb looks like it is filthy or hanging up, you can try to spray some WD-40 to free it up. Carbs are fairly simple to work on, especially the one-barrel units on the I-6.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23