Covert Carb To Fi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stang96gts

Reaction score
I have an 84 bronco with a 302 that I want to covert to FI...I still have the FI upper/lower manifold for the 302...What else do I need to convert??

Seabronc

Reaction score
There are several differences. Right off the top, you will need the computer along with all the sensors and controls as well as thr emission stuff that goes with it. That probabaly also means a new wire harness to handle all that. I'm sure you can find aftermarket kits to convert as well. You have a bit of work ahead of you. I just completed adding all the controls and emissions stuff back to the carborated 83 351 I have.

Good luck,

:)>-

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Right, you'll need the ECM and harness, the fuel injector harness, and new fuel system. The EFI has alot more pressure, two fuel pumps, regulator, relay, return lines, etc. I've been partinf out my 88 EFI 302 Bronco and still have the harness and ECM left if you're interested.

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
You will need the Gas tank from a FI truck also.

Unless you really like headaches....I'd go the aftermarket route. Holley has a really nice package, and it will give you alot more control over you engine as well.

Gunner

Reaction score
why dude keep the carb. i will take my edelbrock carg over injectors anyday of the week.

207racing

Reaction score
I am gonna go ahead and run my carb over a few times when I get the EFI back on my rig. Then I am gonna find the guy that took the EFI off and did that hack job of putting a carb on it and beat him with it.

Gunner

Reaction score
ouch that is kinda harsh dont you think? but just because someone screwed up putting the carg swap in doesnt mean all carb set ups are bad. i stick with my last statement.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Hey, Gunner, I'm gonna poke ya in the ribs a bit. Keep in mind that I am a diehard carbman all the way, but fuel injection has it's merits. Driving up or down a steep incline, most carbs will flood out while EFI can run practically upside-down. My opinion is to keep whatever you have, but if you want the benefits and hassels of fuel injection, buy a truck with that to start with. Converting one to the other is a chore. Buddies??? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gunner

Reaction score
yeah i agree. you know i am carb all the way but i agree on the not converting to much of a pain in the ****. and remember my electric choke handles my flooding problem. i have no trouble on the inclines now.

207racing

Reaction score
ouch that is kinda harsh dont you think? but just because someone screwed up putting the carg swap in doesnt mean all carb set ups are bad. i stick with my last statement.
Hey Gunner, I agree, carbs are still a great thing, I personally prefer EFI, but have to admit, if I had a more radical setup I would probably put on a carb. I am just mad at the hacker job that was done and the wimpy carb that was put on. I am lucky to do 65 MPH with it floored when I am towing. Plus, I had spent a ton of time making a nice custom wiring harness for the mass air swap I did and he just hacked it to shreds.

dicain

Reaction score
holly make a throttle body FI to put on carberated trucks its $1349 in the summit racing catalog. pricy but way less headache. plus FI is more efficient at a broader temp, alt, octane range with out having to adjust it all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK