Cold Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ice Man 860

Reaction score
My bronco just will not start in the cold. with out holdin down the pedal 4 a while the truck just dies out right after i turn it over, and its realy startin to drive me nuts. not sure where to start, but its an '89 5.0 EFI if that helps anyone help me thanks

Pat

azrockrat

Reaction score
ok on efi please do not hold the pedal down.. ok with that said how cold are we talking here? florida cold or michigan cold. and the next question i have is have you pulled the codes from the computer yet?

OP
OP
I

Ice Man 860

Reaction score
lol, not holdin it down like with a carb, i gotta hold the pedal down a little 2 get the idle over a grand long enough for the idle to smooth out. and i live in New England, eastern CT so some times its realy realy cold -5 and some times its just chilly, 30ish. and i dont know how to pull the codes.... do i need 2 buy a tool? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

azrockrat

Reaction score
yeah ya do run to your local auto store and ask for a ford code puller or check your local wal mart for them

your tps could be giving you fits

OP
OP
I

Ice Man 860

Reaction score
ahhhh, wasnt thinkin that.... its always good to get an outside oppinion, i was thinkin bout the air bypass valve.... code puller will save me some green thanks good idea

OP
OP
I

Ice Man 860

Reaction score
it seems that a new timing chain has cleared up the problem.... a "simple" waterpump replacement revealed the timing chain was, past its prime, and the truck starts much better now.

thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat