Cold Air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keeprollling

Reaction score
I am thinking about opening up a hole in the hood and routing it to a box I am going to make to surround the K&N Element. Do you guys have any suggestions? Also I noticed JSM84 has a shaker hood that looks like it might belong in a mustang, how would he avoid water from getting in to unwanted areas of the engine?

These are some ideas I had as to where to begin cutting, it would only be one hole not three.

intake.jpg

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
kr, you might look into the Cervini's ram air hood, at least for their design. While the "holes" are in the center of the hood, the Cervini's routes the air to the outside edge, where you're airbox is located. There were several things i did to keep water out of the engine. Of course, no.1 is that I never, ever splash thru water over 20 mph or spray it up over the hood. Even on a stock vehicle, it gets too much spray into the engine. I also designed a couple of drain holes and baffles into my Shaker assembly, so there was no way water could get to the carb. JEG's or Summit racing sells some foam inserts for air scoops that are good for keeping out grasshoppers and other bugs, which did get into the midplate area (never into the carb). JSM84

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat