Clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake2970

Reaction score
Here is the deal Just bought a 88 Ford B2 on Saterday.. Gots to say i love it but I think the U joints or ball joints might be going on it.. Every time i hit the breaks i get a clunk in the front end..Also going down the road the roof seems to flex and pop ??? Any help from the guru's would be great..

Jake

1st time B2 owner

my truck eats doge and craps out chevy

88 B2

2.9l

all stock

bought for $1,000.00 yesterday

Ford for life

Ranger429

Reaction score
If it is occuring only during braking I would look at the caliper mount's and make sure they are not worn out or loose. As far as the roof popping or flexing, was the vehicle in a bad wreck?

OP
OP
J

Jake2970

Reaction score
have no idea about the roof or if it had been in a accident **** i havent owned the truck a week yet lol...

i will definetly check the brakes the engine has just been rebuilt and the guy just got me the paper work profetional job by a reputable company here in denver

Love this ford

Jake

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
Sounds like something in the rotational areas that's worn or loose.

An alignment shop should be able to help pinpoint the source, whether it's u-joints or other items.

Also, the roof problem.. does it occur at certain speeds?

I used to drive a shop truck (f-250) that had a bad vibration issue at speeds above 45 mph in the roof.

It was a non headlined roof with a ladder bar on the back that extended over the roof.

The bar would disrupt the wind and make it slam onto the roof hard and noisy.

Solution - removed the section over the roof with a porta-band :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I doubt you have a ladder bar on yours, but if it has anything that can disrupt the wind, such as a light bar thats too far forward, it may have the same effect.

OP
OP
J

Jake2970

Reaction score
what a mess lol blew out the rear drive shaft cv joint still havent figured out the clunk and found and fixed the roof problem

roof: support beams started sagging away from the roof itself so a deadblow and some J-B weld no more pop just had to remove the head liner...

gonna check the front end over hub to hub today seems to do it only when i apply the breakes and i am turning slightly right

thanks guys

Jake

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23