C-6 Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
there isn't enuff info on the c-6 do any of ya'll know any upgrades that don't have to do with buying a new trans from b&m.

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
do a web search there is all kinds of kits for the C6. Shift kits, wide ratio kits and do it yourself kits to build it to handle 500hp.

Ziggy

Reaction score
Lets see, you can start with a shift improvement kit for around $50.00. Get the kit that changes springs and pistons in the valve body, not the one with just a new plate. You can upgrade the torque convertor to a heavy duty for about $150.00. You can have it rebuilt, or do it yourself if you feel bold enough with E4OD guts. This will lower 1st and 2nd but keep 3rd the same gear. Add a tranny cooler for about $50.00. put a deeper oil pan on it for around $100.00. Anything beyond those is new to me.

Peck

Reaction score
HIghboy, I have an older issue of HOTROD that has an article titeled king of the C,s.It has step by step buildup of a C-6,from higher capacity drums to drilling the drums for faster fluid transfere and holding capacity.It has complete part numbers and diagrams.I"ll find it and post date and issue.

Peck

Reaction score
HIghboy, I have an older issue of HOTROD that has an article titeled king of the C,s.It has step by step buildup of a C-6,from higher capacity drums to drilling the drums for faster fluid transfere and holding capacity.It has complete part numbers and diagrams.I"ll find it and post date and issue.

Peck

Reaction score
Sorry for the double take to early in the morning.

OP
OP
H

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
thanks for the info,already have a shift improver kit and crap was wanting some of that good ol shadetree stuff,waiting on peck..

Peck

Reaction score
Highboy Im still looking ,Ive got four of those big storage bens full of magazines. I'll try to find it by the end of this weekend.Been working some long hours not much time to do much else.Sorry for not finding it any sooner.

Peck

Reaction score
Highboy,found it.Issue of hotrod september 1988 King of the C's.You might look at your local libary,if you can't find it there check out www.HOTROD.com back issues.If you can't find it let me know and I'll get a copy of the article to you somehow.I don't have a scanner,but I'll figure something out.Hope you can find it.It's worth having on file,it has all the part number's and several diagrams.

battered_bronco

Reaction score
forget about it call jay at broader perfomance he is king shit of ford trannys

ford-o-matics/cruse-o-matics/c4/c6/aod/others?

tell the man what ya want or look around his web site

remember thats all he does if anyone know what 2 do its him

think mine is specked at ~700 hp /R servo /billet servo arm /wide ratio /fairbanks shift kit(i got it off ebay for 15$$ lol) /rv/towing model /4 pinion / extra extra tough steels and discs bands /ported to hold above 6500 RPM can't recall the rest of it...oh ya all loaded ****** washers replaced with roller bearings

but don't get thinking a plain c6 he does not do stock tranny but he has a "base" one thats resonable enuf

well anyway i won't need another for 30 more years unless i get stoopid

now i gotta build my engine hehe building a 351m out to 427ci either the 302c aussie heads i have or 351c 4v closed heads i should be able to stress it

freak

Reaction score
highboy73,here's what I did.There's a tranny shop by me who build's transmission's for Paul Shaffer's monster truck's.So I went to them and told them what tire's I'm running and horsepower I'm making,plus what horsepower I'll be running in the future.This is what they did to my C6.5 clutch direct drum with torrington bearing's(3 clutches is stock),hi energy 1-2 band,bushing kit,****** washer's,high performance clutches,Trans king low gear set with steel planataries,2.72 1st,1.54 2nd,Trans king reverse pattern manual valve body with billet servo,2400 stall converter.I also put 2 tranny cooler's on it to keep it cool.It run's at 165-170 degree's.It's good for 700 horse.They had to machine the case some so they could fit in the extra clutche's.

mcraesn

Reaction score
One thing nice about the Ford C-4 and C-6 is that they will last forever. You can put a shift kit in there but it really does not need it. The best thing to do is adjust the intermediate and low/reverse bands and service the transmission. Once you do this you will find that it will run like a brand new transmission. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
H

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
thanks freak,pual schaffer who does he drive for?i met a guy in indiana that drove a truck called monster patrol,smaart fella

freak

Reaction score
Paul Shaffer own's Monster patrol,Carolina crusher and also Bear foot.One of his shop's is right down the road from me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23