Buying New Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone buying one? Ordering one?

Looks like they are selling out fast.

Just curious on thoughts and opinions.

I am really thinking about it and would have been cool to order one of the first but I just can't, need to drive it first, see how noisy it is. How much power it has.
See if it is something I would want to drive cross country in.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I am really thinking about it and would have been cool to order one of the first but I just can't, need to drive it first, see how noisy it is. How much power it has.
See if it is something I would want to drive cross country in.

What do you like about it? Yeah, I'd have to test drive one first before buying one but test driving one will be hard due to them not staying on lots for long.

OP
OP
Tiha

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Nostalgia mostly. I have owned and driven every generation of Bronco.

I am old enough that though I have said I would never buy a brand new vehicle, but I could afford it.

Then yeah, it is nice having creature comforts that we don't have to install ourselves. Quiet, fuel mileage is nice.

But I am not taking the doors off. Or the top probably. I am looking more for a highway cruiser that can handle long trips in any weather conditions.

Kids are gone, don't need 3 rows anymore.

Could it handle a trip from the northern tip of Alaska to the southern tip of Florida? Would the trip be enjoyable in that vehicle? Those are my thoughts.

I can drive my big truck and love very second of it, but like I said, don't need the space anymore. Harder to get parts, find people to fix the old truck correctly. I could go 3-4 times farther on something more fuel efficient with the same money meaning more travel.
Took some trips recent years in a Car which I had never done before. It sucks, driving is easy, creature comforts are nice, uncomfortable seats, poor visibility. But dang that fuel bill is nice.

Driven a good majority of the SUVs currently available. It might do the job, but not impressed at all. At least the new bronco would be somewhat unique for a while.

What is the happy medium? Between what you enjoy driving and what is efficient and dependable. When you spend your whole life being broke trying to raise a family and give them the best you certainly learn the value of a dollar and what you can get for it.

Fuel prices are down now but in recent years fuel costs alone meant the difference between 1 or 3 vacations a year as often fuel expense was the 1st or 2nd biggest trip expense. Many times considered a 4BT bronco for that reason but honestly I don't want the noise and vibration or even start over on another project that big.

Buying a new vehicle and bolting stuff on is easy. I think I deserve easy for once.

and I can't imagine walking out into a parking lot, looking at a car and thinking, yeah that car is awesome and special, we have been through everything together and I am proud of it.

ragtop69

Reaction score
I remember when the last two seat T-Birds came out and dealers were charging double the MSRP because there are always people who want to be first, regardless of what it is, and are willing to pay ridiculous premiums to have that "privilege". By the end of the model year the same dealers were selling them at 50% off the MSRP because they were a drag on the market. Don't be a sucker. Besides, they are U-G-L-Y.

shift1313

Reaction score
I'm planning on buying one after I see it in person and test drive it. I've wanted to own an early bronco forever but not interested in the price or amount of work that comes with the ones here on the east coast. I will be looking at a base model with the 7 speed manual in 2 door. Possibly the sasquatch suspension and 33s but really depends on the price. As of now the build and price still isn't working but a base model out the door is about 30k. I've bought a few new vehicles and generally avoid it but ones that will hold their value a bit I am ok with for the convenience.

But I need to see and drive one. For the most part I like the look of it. The fender flares i dont like but the sasquatch has different ones.....

OP
OP
Tiha

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember first editions differently, Now I wasn't there for the last 2 seat T-bird, but when the expedition came out, the first year was the cheapest, when GM brought back the Camaro, the first year was the cheapest. C8 corvette is the same way. Maybe that is not true of every release I just remember those.

Yes the first year will have the most issues, but it is a trade off, save a few thousand vs inconvenience.

I have seen renderings and maybe it won't happen but people are mocking up bolt on mods to make it look like an EB. Grilles, flares ect. They have some pretty sharp ones. I hope somebody actually produces them.

Maybe my expectations are too high, but I had a BII that was really a decent little truck. I expect it to be better than that.

TIGR96

Reaction score
I love the new Bronco, and will definitely consider buying one...in a few years after the new has worn off and Ford works out any bugs that may be present in an all-new model. Folks paying premium (or even sticker, for that matter) are just wanting to jump on the newness of the thing. I get it, but I am not that kind of guy. Ford will make as many as they can sell, and after the buzz has died down a bit, Ford will offer discounts and financing incentives similar to the F150 and their other models.

In the meantime, I'll just keep enjoying my '95 FSB.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I am old enough that though I have said I would never buy a brand new vehicle, but I could afford it.

Then yeah, it is nice having creature comforts that we don't have to install ourselves. Quiet, fuel mileage is nice.

But I am not taking the doors off. Or the top probably. I am looking more for a highway cruiser that can handle long trips in any weather conditions.

Could it handle a trip from the northern tip of Alaska to the southern tip of Florida? Would the trip be enjoyable in that vehicle? Those are my thoughts.

I can drive my big truck and love very second of it, but like I said, don't need the space anymore. Harder to get parts, find people to fix the old truck correctly. I could go 3-4 times farther on something more fuel efficient with the same money meaning more travel.
Took some trips recent years in a Car which I had never done before. It sucks, driving is easy, creature comforts are nice, uncomfortable seats, poor visibility. But dang that fuel bill is nice.

Driven a good majority of the SUVs currently available. It might do the job, but not impressed at all. At least the new bronco would be somewhat unique for a while.

What is the happy medium? Between what you enjoy driving and what is efficient and dependable. When you spend your whole life being broke trying to raise a family and give them the best you certainly learn the value of a dollar and what you can get for it.

Fuel prices are down now but in recent years fuel costs alone meant the difference between 1 or 3 vacations a year as often fuel expense was the 1st or 2nd biggest trip expense. Many times considered a 4BT bronco for that reason but honestly I don't want the noise and vibration or even start over on another project that big.

Buying a new vehicle and bolting stuff on is easy. I think I deserve easy for once.

and I can't imagine walking out into a parking lot, looking at a car and thinking, yeah that car is awesome and special, we have been through everything together and I am proud of it.

Did you find this forum searching about the new broncos?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I love the new Bronco, and will definitely consider buying one...in a few years after the new has worn off and Ford works out any bugs that may be present in an all-new model. Folks paying premium (or even sticker, for that matter) are just wanting to jump on the newness of the thing. I get it, but I am not that kind of guy. Ford will make as many as they can sell, and after the buzz has died down a bit, Ford will offer discounts and financing incentives similar to the F150 and their other models.

In the meantime, I'll just keep enjoying my '95 FSB.

If you do buy one, you staying here? No need to go anywhere else right. ;)

OP
OP
Tiha

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been around, been offline a few years doing other projects.

I prefer the sites like this but all these kids are going to Fakebook style groups. Yuck. Too hard to find info.
Oh well their loss.

I did find out today a friend bought one of the first 3500 slots the Monday night it was unveiled. His build came in at $38k.
Says he is not sure yet but at least he got a spot.

If I get serious I know I can talk him out of that spot lol.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I prefer the sites like this but all these kids are going to Fakebook style groups. Yuck. Too hard to find info.
Oh well their loss.

I did find out today a friend bought one of the first 3500 slots the Monday night it was unveiled. His build came in at $38k.

Yeah, I get the fast replies FB has when some asks a question, but most answers are just not good. Also, trying to find info about Broncos(or any vehicle for that matter) is extremely hard. So much easier to search forums and find the answer then FB. I can't stand FB. :****:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
What do you like about it? Yeah, I'd have to test drive one first before buying one but test driving one will be hard due to them not staying on lots for long.
Seems like Northside in Summersville has a few and they are not saleing too fast. Read the bad about them and you will see why. Sounds like Ford should have called it LEMON. Plus the way Ford is not taking care of the customers complains. Seems like you,d be better off puting money in your old one and be better off. That is alot of money for a vehicle.

OP
OP
Tiha

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
That friend of mine who bought one of the first build slots did eventually buy a bronco. Just got it about a month ago. traded his Jaguar SUV on it.

He has it jacked up now with big tires. Getting in and out of it sucks really.

Looks great, haven't driven it yet. Ride is okay. Fairly quiet. But it only has 2k miles on it and he hasn't had the top off and on a dozen times yet either.

Of course it has every creature comfort you could want and a few you don't.

He is planning a few road trips with it this summer, We will see what it is like after that.

MPG not impressive, but then right now he doesn't leave town and already has it jacked up.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Gas is DOWN ???? I don,t know what is was and how much it cam down for you.,BUT hear it has NOT gone down since foggy took office. Its $4.56 hear in W.Va, I saw 4 new Bronco,s on Northside lot today as we drove buy. Real about the bad things happening to them and you might wonder --about getting stranded in one. Go ahead --I,ll stick with my old car--it gets me from point a to point b and its paid for and has a good heater.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

See if it is something I would want to drive cross cou As small as they look. I,d want something bigger with a longer wheel base and smoother ride.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Oh well their loss.

Well $38,000 would definitely look alot better to me. then any vehicle. I could afford one,but to me. I,d feel better helping St Jude--Smile Train--Operation Smile--St Labrie Indian School or any orginization that helps kids..

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke