Bucking/Jerking/Stalling but only when cold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanBronco

Reaction score
Hey guys,
New to the site and not very experienced mechanic but hoping someone can give me some advice.
Have a 1988 Bronco with about 72K miles. Over the last 6 months Bronco started struggling to idle when first started in the morning then progressed to stalling (sometimes when being driven at slow speeds). Hard bucking/jerking developed that seems to come from right under the drivers seat (transmission?)
All of this is at it's worst on first starting and increased by cold weather. Sometimes it violently bucks/almost stalls for initial 10 mins of driving then seems to 'warm up' and be ok.
Took it to local garage who recommended transmission rebuild. Have been trying to research online and I'm reading that there can be 'vacuum issues' with older Broncos? Also keep reading that I should replace the TPS? Or it could be fuel pressure issue?
Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke