Bronco11 Shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

littleleo2

Reaction score
My transmission has been verified to be ok. I had checked the rear end differential and found the gears to be ok. A new ring gear was recently replaced on the motor. I have checked for loose bolts ect. and found none. The bronco starts ok and will go fine until the first shift when I will have a **** especially if I have to go fast. Ater the **** I will continue ok and will shift into the next series without any ****. Whats up??

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Have you checked the ujoints on the rear driveshaft? If they are worn, you can get a clunk or **** when going into first or reverse.

OP
OP
L

littleleo2

Reaction score
My dads truck does the same thing and his friends van also does it.  They think it is in the computer.
7330[/snapback]

DID YOUR DAD OR SOMEONE CHANGE THE COMPUTOR? I BELIEVE THAT I WILL DO IT BUT I AM WORRIED THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO RECODE IT OR SOMETHING. ANYTHING SPECIAL ABOUT CHANGING IT? THANK YOU

Seabronc

Reaction score
If you get the computer from a truck with the same engine and transmission you shouldn't have to be concerned. However, the problem might be with a input to the computer causing it to tell the transmission to shift at ther wrong time. Have you checked to see if there are any error codes. I would suspect an input to the computer, especially if the symptom changes with the amount of load on the engine.

Good luck,

:)>-

Seabronc

Reaction score
WHAT DO I NEED AND HOW DO I CHECK FOR ERRORS. THANK YOU
27074[/snapback]

Most places like Auto Zone or Advance will read you r computer codes out for you.

OP
OP
L

littleleo2

Reaction score
Most places like Auto Zone  or Advance will read you r computer codes out for you.

27075[/snapback]

ok thank you. i believe that you were with me on the installation of an eec which is in this section of bronco zone. so far you did not reply to my findings. ok??thank you

rebel offroad

Reaction score
also napa offers **** gaurd tranny aditive i put some of that in my bronco2 and it started shifting smother id sugest you try it for 8.00 bucks its worth a shot

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj