Bronco Wont Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chief421

Reaction score
I have had my bronco for 4 weeks it ran fine till last week. I was driving it acted like it was running out of gas stopped to put more in it. It didnt start. Pushed it off to the side went back 1 hour later it started. Just to be safe changed the fuel filter. Ran fine for a few more days, went to a few places started it over and over then the last stop went to start and nothing but the auxillary working nothing. thought it was the key so i tried that didnt work looped the selinoid and the starter turned over but didnt start. Changed the selinoid and that wasnt it. Someone told me it could be the actuator? what is that? any suggestions will be appreciated.

M

mike

if it is auto try putting it in neutral mine did the same thing

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Not sure what the "actuator" is, but i would suspect the ignition module if you already replaced the starter solenod. Your coil may also be going bad. What year model is the Bronco??? That would help some folks to further diagnose the malady!

Gunner

Reaction score
hmmmmm sounds alot like the problem i had. the strater will turn all day but the engine wont kick over. he is the fix for my problem. i had to change the fuel pump. if yours is 22 years old like mine then the fuel pump needs to go. i took the old one out and put a new frame mounted fuel pump in. works great. but then if that doesnt work and again yours is old and carberatored like mine than you might want to check your choke. i have an elctric choke in mine that i installed and after sitting in the yard for awhile during my extensive resoration. i went to start and again it wouldnt turn over so i put the key to the on position and i went to listen to the fuel pump which was working fine because i could hear the slight whine. so i grabbed my uncle to try starting it and as he was turning the key i noticed the choke wasnt seating properly so i pushed it down and she started right up. hey even new parts freeze up in this weather. so i disconnected power source wd-40 up the moving parts on carb and aint had the problem since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23