Bronco 2 spare tire striker??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wishmeluck

Reaction score
I've been searching wrecking yards and ebay for months now and either can't find a spare tire striker for my 84 bronco int he yards way to spendy for my blood on ebay.

Ive always wondered if the spare tire striker for a bronco 2 would work as it appears to be the same, even same part number, albeit except an "a" or "b" or something on the tail end. My local wrecking yard happned to get in a bronco 2, and for $3 I decided to pull the striker and take a chance. My findings...the bolt holes on the body/striker all line up perfectly and it fits like a glove against the tailgate. I mock-fitted the striker to the carrier (while still off the vehicle) and it seems like it should work perfectly.

Thought I'd check here first before I go to the effort of putting it all together and mounting everything only to find out I missed something. Anyone here ever used a bronco 2 striker on an earlier year FSB before with success??

Thanks

WesT

Reaction score
I just pulled my Entire spare tire assembly off. It’s in Good shape but needs paint. If you are interested in it ping me back and I’ll shoot you photos. It’s off a 1990 bronco.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno