Bouncy Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monza

Reaction score
Hi All.

My EB is way too bouncy = I can set the whole truck rocking like a jelly by pushing with one hand.

This makes the whole thing a bit lively on the road.

I have:

BC 3.5" / WH 11 pack / no brand rusty shocks... (maybe WH).

Where would u start ??

Thx,

Monza.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Nobody is chiming-in sooo, it's me again... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If it moves that easily.., then shocks are suspect. Who knows., maybe the PO swapped out the good shocks prior to sale.

As you're not doing major rock-crawling... check out "ChinaZones" GABRIEL shocks.

Gabriel makes MONROE.... Don't want their cheapest shock... maybe a step or two up.

My lift (fr. TBP) came with Rancho 5000's .. I can drive thru dips at 40 mph .., No prob.

OP
OP
monza

monza

Reaction score
Nobody is chiming-in sooo, it's me again... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Its cause I only do monkey work - not big man work :eek:)

If it moves that easily.., then shocks are suspect. Who knows., maybe the PO swapped out the good shocks prior to sale.

My lift (fr. TBP) came with Rancho 5000's .. I can drive thru dips at 40 mph .., No prob.
Yes - I was thinking R5000 - I have heard they are a bit stiff - but that might be better for cornering at 80mph :))

I am kinda interested in those Detsche Tech that JBG have... they seem to have larger cylinders and shafts.

Somebody must have tried them - I feel another Topic coming on...

Monza.

OP
OP
monza

monza

Reaction score
Replaced shocks all round.

Nasty, filthy corroded old Rancho's.

Looking at the part number they were wrong size for lift.

Replaced with a new set of R5000.

Much better.

IDK why everyone says r5000 are stiff - if anything they are still soft on the Highway - but then I do have a 351 bouncing on my 3.5" coils.

Job done.

Monza. :)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj