bestest Plug wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wetneck

Reaction score
replaced my wires on my 96 5.8 with a higher quality wire set about 8 months ago and have missing,etc, lifted hood last night and looks like a christmas tree around the wires... WHAT are the best wires for this rig, a local mech told me to use Motorcraft but if there are some better that can handle the heat etc id like to use them,the wires are routed as supposed to be..... thanks for all suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
I have had Autolite professional series wires on the Beast for over 2yrs. No problems.

Check the gap on your plugs. If the gap is too wide the voltage will spike higher to bridge that gap, and the result may be that the wires cannot handle the higher volyage.

Good Luck with whatever you choose.

Just Let us know

86_Beast

Reaction score
I wouldn't know about a 96 as I haven't had one but I had a 460 in an F250 do this to me one time and found I had some split plug wires, and as far as plug wires I use Bosch, Oreilly branded Omnispark, or Accel. And as far as being protected from heat summit racing sells spark plug wire insulators to protect the boots and wires.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
W

wetneck

Reaction score
went with accel......we'll see how long they last this time around... thanks

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Have you checked the plug gap? Found alot of friends replacing wires and other distr. parts because of wrong plug gap.

Most quality wires should last for at least 60 or 70k miles. If they break down it is from some outside source they were not engineered for.

Just a suggestion from experiance.

Let us know how the Accels work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj