best way to do 2 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
******* the Superlift kit is a good one, and JBG is a very reputable vendor. THe deluxe kit you show is a bit higher than some others, but the brake lines add about $130-$140, so it's in the ballpark of $500 for the other parts. One of the advantages to Superlift's kits is that you can opt for their SupeRunner steering system, which is a big improvement over the factory Bronco steering. When you lift the front TTB axle, the steering linkage is at more of an angle than before, even with the dropped Pitman arm. The SuperRunner setup changes the set-up and geometry of the linkage for better steering. That's important for tire wear as well as driving, as the TTB alignment can be affected when offroading. SOme of their kits include new, adjustable camber bushings, which you'll likely need with a 4" or 6" lift in order to get the proper alignment. Alot of this is in previous posts, and Mark or others at JBG can answer many tech questions, too. While I've also ordered parts from LMC Truck, they will not answer tech questions. JSM84

OP
OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
YEP i think that's the one i will get. i figured since it included the brake lines it was worth the little extra $$$. thanks for the advice on the steering system and bushings. i will definitely look for those too. i orderd my external mirrors from JBG and was very happy with the product and received them in like 4 days.

what all does the superrunner steering system include or consist of? radus arms?

jesse_h97

Reaction score
Dude, go with the Superlift deluxe youll be sorry if you dont. you think you steerings sloppy now. just remeber when you lift 6" you can fit 35's but you have to extend and balance your drive shaft

Justshootme84

Reaction score
Check the JBG website or SuperLift for a description of the Super-Runner system. It's basically linkage and brackets for the steering when you lift the suspension. JSM84

OP
OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
it's a 4 inch lift. does the shaft still need to be extended? i'm hoping to get the kit within 3-4 weeks and then get the install 3 weeks after that.

Justshootme84

Reaction score
THe stock driveshafts should work fine with a 4" or 6" lift kit. It's still a good idea to check them after the lift is installed and the suspension allowed to flex or drop. You can also check for any binding in the u-joints and clearance with the frame or exhaust. On the brake lines, you can either install the extended ends, or relocated the stock lines/ or pull the retainer clip out of the coil spring bucket to allow the lines to move. Since the Superlift kit you're getting has new, longer lines, your only problem may be removing the old ones. On my 84, the connectors at the hard lines were rusted solid, so I'm replacing the whole system now.

Broncobeginner123

Reaction score
I added a 4 inch lift to my 95 bronco, this past june. Before i did the lift the most i had ever done to a vechile was put gas in it and change the oil once or twice. So to me this seemed like a huge project and i asked everyone i knew how to do it. once i had the kit infront of me i i picked up a piece at a time slid under the truck and seen where it went and figured out to to get it there. Its all pretty simple. I did the front in about 6 hours with one friend, 2 bottle jack, 2 jack stands, and a bunch of hand tools. The rear i did add-a-leaf, myself it took me 8 hours, 3 bottle jacks, 2 jack stands and a bunch of hand tools. I didnt have to do anything to the drive shaft, the brake lines were plenty long enough for the 4inch, but it is usually recomended. Once you do the lift, get it aligned, and after a week of driving and or after 4x4ing go back under and double check the tightness of the bolts as your lift will settle. Biggest thing use some type of liquid lock on you bolt and nuts... having a loose suspension is not a fun drive!!!!! Over all after i look back at it it wasnt all that bad. Listen to the guys on this site who have the experiacne and you will be able to do the lift your looking for. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
thanks guys i think after researching i'm going to go with the pro comp setup. i still haven't searched for the lowest price but i think i found the same kit elsewhere other than 4WP for like $100- $200 less than 4WP. anyhow i think for the money it is a good deal and has everything i need including 4 es3000 shocks. while i'm not totally stoked about the es3000 shocks, right now money wise i can live with the es3000's for a while - i just need 2 more shocks- maybe i can get 2 es 9000's. anyway money wise when i figure in new tires and an alignment and probably install. the pro comp kit makes sense to me.

here's the link to the stage 1 4 inch lift kit at 4WP for reference purposes but, i'll find it cheaper elsewhere: http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/products/pr...amp;expand=sub2

OP
OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
well as luck would have it one of my co workers and fellow gearhead just picked up a stock 88 bronco. we've talked it over and i think we're going to do my lift together for the experience and knowledge. in return i'm going to help him to his when it's time. i'll probably give him my "old" goodyear 31's for helping out because he needs new tires and probably wont get to the lift stage for a year or so. his bronc needs some work before he gets to that stage.

so i think after reading the rough country thread i may purchase that kit- sounds like a good deal especially with the 6 nitro shocks upgrade. after i get the kit in my hands i will sock more money away and then purchase tires and be ready to go. so i will have the tires before we do the lift.

here's another question: after the lift is installed, how BAD is the alignment?

assuming the alignment should be done RIGHT away. i have a dozen tire and alignment shops within a 5 mile radius to take the truck and tires to to have them mounted and then have the alignment done. is ths a safe way to do this?

just weighing the options of doing it myself vs. a shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yardape

Reaction score
You can drive it to the alignment shop with no worries, just don't drive around too much. You will chew the crap out of your tires if drive too much.

I think that was your question

OP
OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
that was exactly the question.

i only drive maybe 10 miles a day M-F anyway but, since i'll have the tires before we start the lift. i want to lift it then take it straight to the alignment shop the next morning. and have them mount and balance the new tires and get it aligned. i was just afraid i'd be all over the road.

i'll keep you guys posted. think it's time to start taking more pics to document the project.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK