Automatic Tranny Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockstar1489

Reaction score
I have a 94 Bronco and sometimes when im driving around 50-80 mph my tranny seems to switch to a lower gear and the rpm revs high as if im in neutral. i have to take my foot off the gas for it to stop, then i can press on the gas again. <_< (this mostly happens on hot days) Someone please help [-o<

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadkill

Reaction score
Did you try Miesk5's advice from the first time you asked about this?

Also don't forget about the basics:

Check fluid level, check fluid condition (is it extremly dark in color or does it smell burnt)

More information about the truck would also be helpful. How many miles? Has the transmission been serviced/rebuilt/replaced? If so how long ago? Are you running larger than stock tires?

The guys here have tons of knowledge to share, just give them a little more information so they know where to start.

Edit:

By the way, Welcome to BroncoZone! >

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

rockstar1489

Reaction score
Did you try Miesk5's advice from the first time you asked about this?
Also don't forget about the basics:

Check fluid level, check fluid condition (is it extremly dark in color or does it smell burnt)

More information about the truck would also be helpful. How many miles? Has the transmission been serviced/rebuilt/replaced? If so how long ago? Are you running larger than stock tires?

The guys here have tons of knowledge to share, just give them a little more information so they know where to start.

Edit:

By the way, Welcome to BroncoZone! >

Good luck.
it has 117,000 miles, and i am running 33" tires....i dont know if its been serviced/rebuilt/replaced...ill find out

Yardape

Reaction score
Sounds like clutch slippage, but as Roadkill stated check your fluid level/condition

OP
OP
R

rockstar1489

Reaction score
Sounds like clutch slippage, but as Roadkill stated check your fluid level/condition
im going to have the tranny fully serviced...but do you think it could be the tranny mount? i mean...everytime i stop it sounds and feels like its a little loose...hmmm....i got to have a mechanic look at it...

bidibronco

Reaction score
My tranny does the same thing at a little over 80 and I only know that because trafic was doing that speed. Kind of scary in something like a Bronco but my tranny at exactly 60 doesn't know what gear it wants to be in so I either do just under 60 or just over 60. Kind of wierd but oh well...

OP
OP
R

rockstar1489

Reaction score
My tranny does the same thing at a little over 80 and I only know that because trafic was doing that speed. Kind of scary in something like a Bronco but my tranny at exactly 60 doesn't know what gear it wants to be in so I either do just under 60 or just over 60. Kind of wierd but oh well...
hey thats exactly whats happening to mine around 50-70mph...but now it just does it at random times...i think it could be the mounts though...i dunno...but i have a 351 too....k&n filter...yea

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph