Are all Dennis Carpenter unassembled fenders this bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rossr1991

Reaction score
fender quality is horrible, understand tweaking hear and there but this one needs metal added to it.
Fender.jpg

johnnyreb

Reaction score
fender quality is horrible, understand tweaking hear and there but this one needs metal added to it S
Sorry to hear that. I just about gave up on part store parts too. Hopefully you can find a junk yard that is reasonably priced near you. I contact them and tell them about it and see what they have to say about it. I,m sure after a couple of complaints. They should have corrected it and will make it up to you. WITHOUT YOU LOOSING.

OP
OP
R

rossr1991

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I just about gave up on part store parts too. Hopefully you can find a junk yard that is reasonably priced near you. I contact them and tell them about it and see what they have to say about it. I,m sure after a couple of complaints. They should have corrected it and will make it up to you. WITHOUT YOU LOOSING.
Already contacted them, best they can do is give me a $50 gift certificate smh… driver side fender is straight its just the passenger side thats the problem. I ordered one from united pacific which may be the same exact fender but hopefully it was built on a good day and not on a Friday like the other one was.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Already contacted them, best they can do is give me a $50 gift certificate smh… driver side fender is straight its just the passenger side thats the problem. I ordered one from united pacific which may be the same exact fender but hopefully it was built on a good day and not on a Friday like the other one was.
What did you pay for the bad fender off of Carpenter? I won,t be buying from them. If everyone would start boycoting these companys--they straighten up. Contact Mill Co in Cleveland ,Ohio. They make their own parts and I have heard really good results about them.

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well I tell them--that I had talked to the attorney general and was advised to ask Carpenter for a FULL REFUND--INCLUDING SHIPPING. If they did not. For me to get back to the attorney general.
Plus you would turn them into the better business bureau and everyone you came in contact with. They don,t want bad publisity. Or if that DOES NOT WORK. Put it on your vehicle--SHOWING HOW BAD IT IS AND SEND IT TO THEM--WITH RIGHTON THE FENDR--BIG LETTERS---I BOUOGHT THIS FENDER AT DENNIS CARPENTER. A buddy bought a lime green 50 Ford at this Ford dealership years ago and kept having problems with it .He even tried to get them to buy it back and they wouldn,t So he painted on the side of the car. I bought this LEMON at kr---Ford and he parked in on the street in front of Kr---Ford. They told him he couldn,t do that. He proved he could. It was a public street. Kr--Ford ended up paying him more then what he gave for it,. hahaha

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Plus you would turn them into the better business bureau and everyone you came in contact with. They don,t want bad publisity. Or if that DOES NOT WORK. Put it on your vehicle--SHOWING HOW BAD IT IS AND SEND IT TO THEM--WITH RIGHTON THE FENDR--BIG LETTERS---I BOUOGHT THIS FENDER AT DENNIS CARPENTER. A buddy bought a lime green 50 Ford at this Ford dealership years ago and kept having problems with it .He even tried to get them to buy it back and they wouldn,t So he painted on the side of the car. I bought this LEMON at kr---Ford and he parked in on the street in front of Kr---Ford. They told him he couldn,t do that. He proved he could. It was a public street. Kr--Ford ended up paying him more then what he gave for it,. hahaha
They need good business to survive. All BAD business is bad for them.

OP
OP
R

rossr1991

Reaction score
Ive already started doing that basically. Dennis comment back was it was an I assembled fender and advised in the add it wasn’t for the small time builder. I turned right around and told him i new how to weld on bracket but the ad didnt say anything about having to cut the fender in 1/2 and adding metal.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Ive already started doing that basically. Dennis comment back was it was an I assembled fender and advised in the add it wasn’t for the small time builder. I turned right around and told him i new how to weld on bracket but the ad didnt say anything about having to cut the fender in 1/2 and adding metal.
I don,t blame you. They THINK we have to buy from them. That happen when companys get to big and THINK the buyers can,nt bring them down. The also have alot of the JUNK --MADE IN CHINA. Look up the MILL CO---they make AMERICAN PARTS HEAR.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Jusdashs out in California is a shadey company too. HELWIG is a good company to do business with.They also are in California. The company in Ohio is MILL SUPPLY--800-888-5072----Also they have parts for other makes and have a video you can watch on the net--also rubber parts too.

Last edited:

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly it is not uncommon to get replacement panels that need a lot of work and in most cases you don't have a choice, but where that fender is off is a mold issue.
They should stand behind that. That is not adjustable or fixable.

Maybe you just haven't talked to the right person yet? and just getting standard responses?

If they refuse to help you then your only option is throw it up for sale and buy another. Although it won't be ideal for your project someone else will be happy to have it.

OP
OP
R

rossr1991

Reaction score
Honestly it is not uncommon to get replacement panels that need a lot of work and in most cases you don't have a choice, but where that fender is off is a mold issue.
They should stand behind that. That is not adjustable or fixable.

Maybe you just haven't talked to the right person yet? and just getting standard responses?

If they refuse to help you then your only option is throw it up for sale and buy another. Although it won't be ideal for your project someone else will be happy to have it.
Exactly what i said it was a tooling issue but they wont warranty it. Instead they said it wasnt for a novice builder and only for bodyshops. The issue has nothing to do with welding on a couple brackets smh.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
fender quality is horrible, understand tweaking hear and there but this one needs metal added to it.
View attachment 28363
Exactly what i said it was a tooling issue but they wont warranty it. Instead they said it wasnt for a novice builder and only for bodyshops. The issue has nothing to do with welding on a couple brackets smh.
ROSS,when someone orders something and its described a certain way. That is what you should expect--not lied to. It all boils down to stealing. Their is choices a person can make. If you cannot be satisfied buy the salers answer. You CAN go to the state attorney generals office in your state. They handle things like this. I took Walmart and made them refund a bad battery they sold me. It falls under fraud. Anytime someone or a company lies to sale you something--its fraud and you don,t have to take it.

chrlsful

Reaction score
not a body man_
Most any pannels I get - have to B reworked a good bit. I'm some 1 who believes you MUST go back to the very initial (base) make sure where ever U R at that point - is perfect (frm frame out) & wrk ur way forward in pretty much perfection to get that last one right (hanging doors, fenders, anything)...many will not do that then don't know Y the final piece won't fit.
Carpenter claims to B 1 ofa few w/the ford orig stamping machines. May B thay don't maintain properly? May B Costomer services is off. May B U set up a confrontive relationship...none of this means anything as 'the customer is all ways right' & returning item should get some $ back). AG's office ("Consumer Protection Division") is the correct spot. Get nother fender while U wrk this process as it can take a v e r y long time.
I use LKQ (a notional, locally "Keystone") as they deliver & will accept the $ after I get paid. A pretty good deal for me (hate body wrk, stay away as much as possible).

69Broncovirgin

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I'm just about to start ordering panels to replace my rot on the '69 i'm restoring and definitely just cross Dennis Carpenter off my list. I do not have time to rebuild new panels. Be easier to patch what I have then deal with that garbage. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke