Anyone have a winch that looks stock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Looking to install a winch for them edgy moments. However, I don't want a new bumper, or a a bull bar. I would love to have a winch installed behind the bumper..where the licenes plate mount is. Ofcourse the front bumper need to be cut and rollers installed, which I'm fine with.

ANyone have a writeup or any ideas of what would be needed to make this possible, I'm all ears

2percent

Reaction score
My buddy has one on his K5 the license plate is on spring hinges and sits on the fairlead. Ill see if I can get him to send some pictures if he can. he did have to space his bumper 2in but it isnt really noticeable. I am sure there are ways around that but it was easiest for him at the time.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
I have to on this one,,,,A winch that looks stock?!As compared to what?,an AFTERMARKET winch? Id like to see what the 2 differences are. :-B

muddrivermike

Reaction score
I figured as much,But like to twist things a bit to point out the obvious.What my friend and I did on his 78? chevy pick up was,,,I welded in the winch mounting plate between his frame rails,Distenced correctly from the back of his front bumper,so what we did was cut out a square of just enough of the front STOCK bumper to put in the roller fairlead.And thats all you saw was the rollers.If It wasnt for that you wouldnt have know there was a winch there.What helped on his truck was that he had a 3 inch body lift.Dont know if a bronco would require one or not.Wish I had pictures of it to put up.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Hmm well I deff plan on doing this mod this summer.

I like the look of my truck, and I'd love to have added features to make it capable but stock looking. I'm not doing a lift as these trucks can already do fairly well the way they come.

And yeah, hidden is what I ment lol I need a front license plate so I'll probably relocate the plate behind the grill or the right side of the bumper.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
I need a front license plate so I'll probably relocate the plate behind the grill or the right side of the bumper.

They sell these brackets that your tag bolts to that clip to the rollers,I have one on mine and when I need to use the winch I just pull on the tag and bracket and just put it in my truck until Im done.I got mine from Road armor when I bought the bumper.I dont know who specificly sells them besides that.

You can kind of see how it attaches in this picture.I dont have a better pic with out taking one.

100_4267.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Hmm I may need to look into that. I like that idea. But I also like the look of the rollers too (remember I want a stock look, so anything that looks factory is what my view is aiming at).. Tomorrow is my hang out in the garage and drink some beer with the trucks parked in the driveway so I'll check things out and see what kinda room I have to work with and such.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo