Air Breather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncoshell

Reaction score
HELLO!!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT KIND OF AFTERMARKET AIR BREATHER THAT MIGHT WORK ON A 74 EB WITH AN ELDEBROCK INTAKE & 4 BBL HOLLEY... I DON'T WANT TO LIFT THE BODY NOR DO I WANT TO DO A SUSPENION LIFT... I HAVE THE STOCK BREATHER NOW BUT DON'T LIKE THE IT LOOKS... I HAVE LOOKED AT ALL THE ONES AT THE PARTS HOUSE BUT I DON'T HAVE THE ROOM BETWEEN THE CARB & HOOD... IT'S BEEN A PAIN!!!!

THANKS!!!

scrub

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my 76eb. The only solutions that I have come up with are a) body lift B) after market air cleaner ( something like a K&N that is offset with a moulding going to the carb c) Install a hood scoop. These are the things I've come up with but I havn't done anything yet. The hood scoop is probably the easiest and cheapest, but it depends on the look you're going for. Let me know what you end up doing and how it worked.

OP
OP
B

broncoshell

Reaction score
HEY SCRUB,

I WENT TO THE K&N WEB SITE AND THERE WAS ONE ON THE HOME PAGE FOR AN EFI MOTOR THAT LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT WORK... I'M AT WORK OFF SHORE RIGHT NOW BUT JUST AS SOON AS I GET HOME I'M GOING TO THE PARTS HOUSE TO CHECK IT OUT... I WILL GET BACK WITH YOU AFTER I CHECK IT OUT... GOT ANY PICTURES OF YOUR BRONCO??? I'M GOING TO PUT SOME OF MINE ON HERE WHEN I GET HOME... THANKS FOR THE REPLY!!!

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
There is a low profile type out there that has the filters located on either side of the carb. I'll have to get in touch with my buddy that has one and find out the mgf.

Here's a quick paint draw up of what i'm talking about.

Carb_Air_Cleaners.jpg

OP
OP
B

broncoshell

Reaction score
Now, That might work... let me know about it when you can...

Thanks!!! :D/

remercroft

Reaction score
I AM ALSO HAVING A PROBLEM FINDING AN AFTER MARKET BREATHER FOR MY 76EB. I HAVE THE LIFT(SUSPENSION) AND IT IS STILL SCRUBBING THE HOOD. YALL MENTIONED A SCOOP. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SITE OR KNOW A PLACE TO GET THE SCOOPS. MINE ALREADY HAS A SCOOP BUT IS NOT CUT FROM THE UNDER SIDE. IS IT MUCH TROUBLE TO JUST CUT THE UNDER SIDE. IF NOT WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD. THAMKS.

OP
OP
B

broncoshell

Reaction score
TAPE SOMETHING THAT WILL LEAVE A CLEAR MARK ON THE HOOD IN THE CENTER OF THE BREATHER, LOWER THE HOOD TILL IT HITS THE MARKER. RAISE THE HOOD THERE SHOULD BE A MARK. SEE WHAT SIZE BREATHER YOU HAVE. SAY YOU HAVE A 10" BREATHER, WORK FROM THE CENTER MARK THAT YOU MADE

5" FROM CENTER WILL GIVE YOU A 10" HOLE. ALWAYS ADD FOR SOME ROOM FOR MOTOR TORQUE... THE BEST THING TO DO IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TOOLS IS CARRY IT TO A BODY SHOP. IT SHOULD NOT COST THAT MUCH. IT CAN BE DONE IN 10 MIN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

G

Guest_dk6

I have one on my 74 w/ a 351w. No lift of any kind to the truck and no hood scoop.

I bought it many years ago at a speed shop. There is no name on it but it looks like the the drawing above. I did a Google search for "low profile air cleaners" and found several good prospects.

Good luck, they are out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph