Advice needed on selling price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris B.

Reaction score
I have a 1977 Bronco in rough shape that used to belong to my father in law. Looking to sell it, and my wife's step sister's husband (if you follow all that) is interested in buying. I dont want to ask too much but also dont want to give it away. It has been sitting around with a little work done on it for 5 or so years. It was used as a hunting truck for a while and has green truck bed liner sprayed throughout the inside floor. I have attached pictures to give you an idea. Any help in determining a sales price would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 39
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 04a.jpg
    04a.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38
  • 04b.jpg
    04b.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 37

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude, it is worth like $50. I'll give you $100 right now because I am a nice guy.

Clearly I am not an expert, but I have been kind of watching.
My opinion, How fast do you want to sell? If you are in no hurry you can always drop the price later, but prices on these are crazy right now.

Pressure wash it off, take more pics. Like the door jambs where the hinges are. Open the tailgate if you can. any from underneath.
Will it run?

I would probably start at like $15k. from what I am seeing online lately. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am way off here. Maybe I am even low.

But power steering, power brakes. Automatic. New master cylinder.
For someone that wants a simple restore and driver that is a nice truck.
To me, I always wanted the 77 because of the fuel doors. Seemed more refined or something. LOL

Actually it probably is worth more than that looking at the pictures again but if you want top dollar put a little effort into it and it will be worth it.

F1Jim64

Reaction score
Look around and see what other "starter" Broncos are out there - the amount of rust in the door posts/rockers/tail light corners will have an impact on the price - if the basic shell isn't swiss cheesed with rust - I'd guess 15-20K is probably fair. I can promise your "buyer" will be shocked at that number - tell him to just look around. There are complete basket cases falling apart from rust hacked up only used on the deer lease since 1977 Broncos that people are asking $7500 for ... it's ridiculous - but I'm not in the market.

chloichina

Reaction score
See what they are selling on eBay? I just sold one rough condition for $6000.
Yours is in much better condition!

TIGR96

Reaction score
Man, you are sitting on a gold mine! Well, maybe not a gold mine, but like others have said, these things are going nuts right now. Check out bringatrailer.com and search for early Bronco's to see what they are going for.

Like others have said, clean it up, get it running if it isn't already, and throw it up for sale at a dream price. You never know what you might get. Sit on it for a while if you aren't in a rush to sell (it sounds like you aren't). I wouldn't just give it away to you wife's step sister's next door neighbor's uncle or whatever, just because they are family (I guess that is family?).

Good luck! I'm jealous...

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke