a/c hose support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOB MARLIN

Reaction score
1990 5.0 factory air.
I need a picture or an explanation of how the high side a/c hose is supported. Mine is just flopping around. There has to be something missing that supports the hose right ?. Right now the metal "can" part of it is resting on the plastic duct that goes into the air filter and a has actually wore a hole in the plastic.

Last edited:

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I know nothing holds the line going from the condenser coil to the high side fitting.

133.jpg

OP
OP
B

BOB MARLIN

Reaction score
It's the hose on the drivers side that I'm referring to if that makes it more clear. It's just hanging there not supported by anything. I assumed it was the high side because that's where the high side service port is.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any support, I was looking around at pictures and I haven't seen one.

typically the hoses are pretty rigid. That section runs from the compressor to the condenser. Both rigid fixed points unless something is broken.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
OOhhh... That hose fits in between the inlet of the air filter box and the air filter tubes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno