94' 5.0 Fast Idle Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonJam

Reaction score
Help wanted!

I have a 94' 5.0 Auto now.

I rolled my 94' Manual. Bummer'!

My immediate problem is a fast idle condition. She is fine on a cold start (600-800rpms). Once she gets warmed though, the RPM's run to 1500. I dont have the equipment to pull the codes. From what I've read it could be any number of sensors. Any experienced input would be appreciated.

On another note: The fast idle is causing hard shifts from park to drive/reverse etc...

I'm really worried about the tranny and have read only the headlines on the NTSB reports.

Are there any upgrades or fixes that FORD is responsible for?

Once again, HELP WANTED!

amcabbott

Reaction score
its your idle air control valve IACV. 3 fords I have owned had a rolling idle or to fast an idle problem. the iacv has a plastic worm gear that gets all carboned up and moves to slow or just seizes up so the computer keeps trying to change the fuel settings giving it that great rolling surging idle or revs like **** or will not idle at all. it can be cleaned but usualy it will stick giving a high idle or no idle at all. replace it with a new one there not to much. mine was $35.00 from advance auto parts.any vacume leak can make it even worse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23