91 Bronco With 351 Winsor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letrain

Reaction score
this topic is for anyone to discuss adding horsepower or torque or anything you think might help for a 351 winsor, not sure what year bronco's but mine particularly is fuel injected, dont know what other info i should post! but go for it!

Gunner

Reaction score
i am so on a roll with this subject. i never get tired of it no matter how many times it is posted. there are so many things to do anywhere from replacing camshaft, pistons heads all the way to my favorite a nice big SUPERCHARGER. yes they do make them you just have to look and as i always do i highly recommend a google search. best thing since sliced bread

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
Add new headers, intake, and a camshaft. and if you dare, and you dont have inspections in you state, ditch the emissons equipment. its probabily worn out anyway.

OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
one question, how do i find an exhuast system that isn't a "cat back" so i can take off my emmsions? every state has them, but we don't have to past a test where i live, up in seattle area they do, suckers.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I think it may be because most firms don't want to deal with the legalities of emissions laws. Alot of muffler shops in my are will not even install headers, even though they are legal and some are C.A.R.B. rated. You pretty much have to build your own exhaust system on the older vehicles like Broncos from what I've searched and researched.

As for the HP and torque part, you can affect your engine's powerband with headers quite a bit. You may lose some low-end with too large a diameter exhaust and too little backpressure. A set of shotrie headers are a nice replacement for the stock manifolds though. It gets more complicated on the computer-controlled motors when you start changing cams and such, but I've used a mild RV-type cam in the past for a little more power. Then there's always nitrous if you don't mind the chance of blowing the motor!!!

Gunner

Reaction score
ok i here that alot about nitrous blowing your motor. you guys are thinking abot the old nitrous sytems. the new systems are all controlled and shut themselves down when it gets dangerous for your engine. for instance you know if you hit the switch before your rpms are high enough say bye bye to tranny. and if you let the rpms skyrocket past rev limiter (IF YOU HAVE ONE) then say bye bye to motor. well for instance the new NOS NOSzle system is the safest thing you can get. no matter how many times you hit that switch it will NOT engage if your rpms are to low and automaticly shuts itself down when the rpms get to high for the engine to take. along with temp settings to do the same. but now that i just went through all of that i am not going to recommend you put it in a bronco. nos gives you plenty of HP but not crap for tourqe. not to mention its a street racer thing to do. i bought the bronco for fun and show i have my street racer seperate for well street racing (on the track of course).

and the solution for the cat back system. by the cat back system and then take it to a welder who can cut off the ****** add a piece of pipe and weld the flage back on so the exhaust system will match up with the headers. **** it is a simple thing to do yourslf if you have a welder and know how to use it. thats how my bb lost its cats. i am running true dual. no H pipe nothing. headers to pipe to flowmaster muffler. 2 of them

jtp1201

Reaction score
i have a 92 351w and what i done was a crane rv cam and bored the block added some flat top pistons. now for the rest i added gt40p heads off an mustang or lincoln and the trick wasyou have to drill out the head bolts to half in diameter boy what a difference, then you have to get headers to fit the P heads and special sparkplugs. Big Difference!!!!!!!! the intake is still stock. i still get about 11mpg with 4.56 gears

G

wow, thats sound like a lot of work. do you have any more detail about?? possible some "instrcution" to follow?

Bronco_In_Ny

Reaction score
Well you could do what I did New 351w sportsman Block with a 392 stroker kit, Roush Heads that are ported, Crane performance Roller Rockers, crane energizer cam, port matched intakes, 80mm Pro-M MassAir conversion kit which runs off a Mustang Computer, Gibson headers and 3in exhaust sys. I'm pushing around 390 to 400hp

G

gumbyman38

I have a 91 Bronco351.Kenne belle has a supercharger I had put on it and it dyno-ed over 300 hp and over 500 ft of torque, all else stock.It is Much fatster now and A TON of Pulling power!seems like a great "bang for the buck "to me.

Raven

Reaction score
disconnect coolent line from the TB and set timing to 13degree bc should give about a 20hp increase .. just connect the top and bottem coolent lines to each other to keep that loop going ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23