88 bronco ll rough starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88broncoll

Reaction score
okay well i just bought this 88 bronco ll eddie bauer and the 2nd day i had it it wasnt starting but would turn over so i took it to the shop to have them check it out they told me the spark was horiible so i changed the cap/roder/wires/plugs/ battery/ oil/air filter/ and now it starts.. if warmed up it fires right up no problem but sittin outside over night or couple of hours i have to crank it ovr foever the first time tll it eventually starts or crank it twice. then when it does start it goes to die so i have to give it gas for 3 or 4 sec to warm it up.. could this be some kind of fuel problem or any sug please?

one more thing is when i put it in park, sometimes it will idle really high and then drop down and go back up and then drop and so on?

67 Bronko

Reaction score
If your check engine light is on, sounds like the Map sensor, but I would go to Autozone or Advance auto parts and have them run a diagnostic check. They usually do this for free,

B.B.BroncoII

Reaction score
sounds like your vacuum lines to me I had the same problem a few years back

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23