88 302 idle problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdom001

Reaction score
hey guys,

After driving the truck, whenever I put it in park the idle shoots up about 500 rpm. If I goose the gas pedal it comes back down. None of the cables are hanging up, does anyone have any ideas.

2percent

Reaction score
First I would scan it and try to get a code you can also check you TPS and see if it is failing. My 89 did this after offroading it was the cable on mine though right at throttle body the plastic tube cracked and allowed the sleeve to hang up.

Krafty

Reaction score
also could be idle air controler getting stuck, looking into pulling yours off and cleaning it out when looking into the other possible causes.

OP
OP
sdom001

sdom001

Reaction score
Thanx for the ideas, the cables aren't getting hung up checked that and also checked the idle air and was clean not goobered up. Would the map sensor have anything to do with it. It's one on the few sensors that hasn't been changed since I've had the truck. Also there are no codes.

2percent

Reaction score
it could but If it were faulting it should throw a code. Have you tried to seafoam it just to clean all the gunk out of the fuel system and oil.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23