83 with 4.9L, 3sp w/overdrive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefcake282

Reaction score
I have an 83 bronco with a 4.9L engine and a 3 speed trans with overdrive. When I repleaced the engine in my auto shop class and the 4 wheel drive linkage is missing from the shift lever to the transfer case and I dont know where to get one. I beleive I am having some adjutment problems with the clutch because I have somewhat recently replaced the clutch but it doesnt seem to grab like it should. When I bought the bronco it had a 3" body lift so they had to alter the linkage a little bit. I guess I need some pictures or something of what it should look like so I can get it right. I know its not hydraulic though. I don't know if anyone can help me but if you could I would appreciate it.

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
I have an 83 bronco with a 4.9L engine and a 3 speed trans with overdrive. When I repleaced the engine in my auto shop class and the 4 wheel drive linkage is missing from the shift lever to the transfer case and I dont know where to get one.  I beleive I am having some adjutment problems with the clutch because I have somewhat recently replaced the clutch but it doesnt seem to grab like it should. When I bought the bronco it had a 3" body lift so they had to alter the linkage a little bit.  I guess I need some pictures or something of what it should look like so I can get it right. I know its not hydraulic though.  I don't know if anyone can help me but if you could I would appreciate it.
18273[/snapback]

Try looking through wrecking yards for 80-84 model 4x4 Bronco's and trucks. for the linkages your needing and also the clutch mounting stuff. any 4spd truck those years will be the same as yours. you'll also see first hand whats needed. Even peak at others 80's model 4x4 you see on the road for side-by-side comparing. 2wd clutch linkages should be the same also.

OP
OP
B

beefcake282

Reaction score
the only thing is there arent too many wrecking yards around here and the ones i have checked dont have anything. For one I need to get some pictures of some 4.9L engines and the components cause I need to see how the power steering pomp and other things are mounted because I am having some problems with pully's and such. or some good diagrams of how things are supposed to look. When my engine was replaced I dont think the people that did it had everything right and I want a comparison basically.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat