79' Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tinman_775

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the brake warning light switch on top of the brake proportioning valve is supposed to have brake fluid coming thru it. I have brake fluid leaking out of mine and I don't know if I need a new switch or if mine is just not connected right. If anyone knows please help!!!!

Ziggy

Reaction score
You should not have any brake fluid coming out of the switch. Are sure it's coming from the switch and not from a line that has rusted through, loose or cracked? Check your master cylinder as fluid will run down the line to the lowest point and "puddle". Investigate and locate true source of leak and fix or repair ASAP. I don't think you can replace just the switch if that is what is leaking. You will have to replace the proportioning valve, which will run you about $75.00 - $100.00. Make sure you bleed the system when you are done with the repairs to remove air that may have entered the system. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK