78 bronco 351m

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaken36

Reaction score
starts cold,drive to store, cranks slow wont start, new batt. starter,silinoid,alter. reading 14.20 when running.

Bronc76

Reaction score
Sounds like you might have a problem with the starter.

BUCKIN'94WFO

Reaction score
Ditto Bronc76's response. If you have an Autozone "Duralast" on it you need to go back to them and INSIST they give a full and immediate refund on BOTH the starter and the core charge.
whistle.gif
Since they take your original starter as core credit they should let you keep their POS as a core for elsewhere. Then take that new found wealth and head to NAPA and buy a "new" starter.
cool.gif
I'll bet your problem will be solved. I had Duralast(s) on my '78 and after three strikes they were OUT! I don't know how they substantiate "rebuilt" from "Purdied up" but the latter don't cut it.
no.gif
Never had another issue with the Napa starter installed. I guess Autozones' "rebuiders" use crappy windings in the stator/ bendix assembly that's probably made in China by some ten year old TRIAD gang member
ph34r.gif
! Either that or they use lead for drive motor bushings. **** they might as well - they use it in all their toys! It seems that heat makes them try to jump ground in places they shouldn't!

OP
OP
M

mistaken36

Reaction score
Ditto Bronc76's response. If you have an Autozone "Duralast" on it you need to go back to them and INSIST they give a full and immediate refund on BOTH the starter and the core charge.
whistle.gif
Since they take your original starter as core credit they should let you keep their POS as a core for elsewhere. Then take that new found wealth and head to NAPA and buy a "new" starter.
cool.gif
I'll bet your problem will be solved. I had Duralast(s) on my '78 and after three strikes they were OUT! I don't know how they substantiate "rebuilt" from "Purdied up" but the latter don't cut it.
no.gif
Never had another issue with the Napa starter installed. I guess Autozones' "rebuiders" use crappy windings in the stator/ bendix assembly that's probably made in China by some ten year old TRIAD gang member
ph34r.gif
! Either that or they use lead for drive motor bushings. **** they might as well - they use it in all their toys! It seems that heat makes them try to jump ground in places they shouldn't!
thanks much,the autoparts put up a struggle, but it worked,napa powers right up,no drag.back to the woods to whack a 4 legged fur ball!! itz still **** season in michigan, brown n down!

BUCKIN'94WFO

Reaction score
thanks much,the autoparts put up a struggle, but it worked,napa powers right up,no drag.back to the woods to whack a 4 legged fur ball!! itz still **** season in michigan, brown n down!
Cool beans my blood brother! I've done give 2 of them hard headed boys a ride in my Ford this season, so far!
whistle.gif

I used the ol' Featherweight 70 30-06 this year and gave the Remington 7mag some killin' time off . Didn't see anything close 'nuff to my 70pound Bear to send an Easton FMJ through, so I had to fall back on the point and click trick!! Hope your Hoss stays up under ya! So... did they give your starter money,core money AND/OR their POS starter to ya for takin' somewhere else? That would be the decent thing to do. Either way I'm glad you're back in the saddle!
cowboy.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23