'76-'77 differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surfdiver

Reaction score
According to the title and the guy I bought the bronco from, I have a '77 bronco. I've noticed that information for '77 says that these had a fuel door instead of just the cap, and the rear marker lights were mounted vertically instead of horizontal. My bronco has the normal gas cap and the horizontal marker lightsl. Is my bronco not a '77?? Any help would be appreciated!

STLKIKN

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a 76 or older... Those would be the only differences to be able to tell for sure.

One of my old trucks had "1977" stamped into the VIN on the glovebox door.

Strangely enough, it was titled as a 76 when it was registered the first time. It was too much hassle to get the info corrected, so it is still a 76!

Last edited by a moderator:

texan79&96

Reaction score
isnt the steering setup a little different on the last years of the little bronco?

OP
OP
S

surfdiver

Reaction score
isnt the steering setup a little different on the last years of the little bronco?
17730[/snapback]

In '76 this is what they did to the bronco (as far as steering goes):

The power steering box ratio was dropped from the previous 5.3 lock to lock to just 3.8 and the Y steering linkage was introduced along with an anti sway bar.

Pretty much the only difference that I could find between the '76 and '77 is the exterior body differences.

If anyone could tell me whether or not all '77 broncos had the fuel door and vertical rear marker lights it would be a great help. All of the '77 broncos I have seen pictures of have the fuel door and vertical markers, mine doesn't.

STLKIKN

Reaction score
77 has vertical markers and fuel doors.

Did someone re-body the truck during a resto??

Last edited by a moderator:

dldz

Reaction score
Yep I have a 77' and if you do you'll have tank doors, factory disc brakes,PS is right on as well and hes right about the marker lights. Last year of the 'real' Broncos :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

good luck

nksbronco

Reaction score
According to the title and the guy I bought the bronco from, I have a '77 bronco. I've noticed that information for '77 says that these had a fuel door instead of just the cap, and the rear marker lights were mounted vertically instead of horizontal. My bronco has the normal gas cap and the horizontal marker lightsl. Is my bronco not a '77?? Any help would be appreciated!
Interesting....my bronco has the same discrepancy. Did you ever get to the bottom of it? Do you still have the vehicle?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane