69 with Frame Rot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Broncovirgin

Reaction score
I have some pretty significant frame rot on my 69 wagon. At a minimum, the front and rear horns will need replacing and there are a couple of sketchy areas that I won't be able to fully inspect until I can get the body off and out of the way.

Does anyone have experience using either a Kincer, or TDK frame? Are they as good or better than OEM?

Thanks in advance for any guidance and reviews you can provide.

Some other details:
This is my first complete restore.
Welding skills are not good enough for frame work so any referrals in northern Colorado would be greatly appreciated.
I don't want this project to extend beyond 18-24 months so the idea of building the chassis from a new frame while I'm doing the tear down and repair on body rust soiunds appealling if the new frame is as good or better than OEM and fitup is as good as claimed.

chrlsful

Reaction score
just buy a new one another's done the work on.
/OR/
an actual new one - the 're-make" 2021.

"...18-24 months..."
mights well. It will probably B cheeper in the long run.
Y not bone up on skills and DIY?

The horns are available aftr mrkt on CB. Some plates will do the frame repair. Go head, gather info now for then - but it's no big deal. They wrk like squirt guns (nick name) now...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke