67 Military Broncos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrlsful

Reaction score
Anyway I am now seein this is an old post some1 has re livened, thnx. (most ppl cry foul, call da guy an idiot for doing so "Didn;t U C the date!" etc). I like em. In fact I wuz about to say to Dustin "Do U know bout the guy that posted l o n g ago abt these (10 yrs is like a wk to me now). But this seemed long ago.
Thnx SeeBee. Did U go in from 66 - 94? I know of some EB guys in I'll Ask Ya. Can't imagine. Also a 'native' in Nam who has one (Toyota motor?) he drapes women all over when posting on the bronk sites. My belief - most were in the Navy (just cuz those pop up more often).
Love it when they correspond and build the facts, history, pic.
I started that for wrking not rec or DD bronks. It did not get far as I just found one guy, did not pursue.

Seabee1966/1994

Reaction score
Anyway I am now seein this is an old post some1 has re livened, thnx. (most ppl cry foul, call da guy an idiot for doing so "Didn;t U C the date!" etc). I like em. In fact I wuz about to say to Dustin "Do U know bout the guy that posted l o n g ago abt these (10 yrs is like a wk to me now). But this seemed long ago.
Thnx SeeBee. Did U go in from 66 - 94? I know of some EB guys in I'll Ask Ya. Can't imagine. Also a 'native' in Nam who has one (Toyota motor?) he drapes women all over when posting on the bronk sites. My belief - most were in the Navy (just cuz those pop up more often).
Love it when they correspond and build the facts, history, pic.
I started that for wrking not rec or DD bronks. It did not get far as I just found one guy, did not pursue.
Yes, Chrisful I started in May of 1966 (Viet Nam) Four tours, and many places around the world. I usually ended up in Port Hueneme,Calif. for all of my Battalion assignments. I retired with 28 years of service in May of 1994. Wouldn't trade those years for anything!! Since I just became a member here at Broncozone.com I have been reading all the posts and was interested in the post of military Broncos, especially since I drove them and scraped them for parts, brought back many memories for me. By the way I see that you make a lot of comments on BaT, I also leave some by my name (stevenbrooten). I also think information always needs to be updated, especially since I don't think too many people have used parts off of a military Bronco for their business! Thanks for reading my post!

chrlsful

Reaction score
Port Hueneme - that should not B too bad as it isnt LA proper. Still SoCal, which is nice. Where U R now U must midd the sea? I have family in Cahuilla Hills and over to Tuc son, AZ. Being from sea ports my dad's older sis in Tucson sez when missing the ocean she stares into the desert to watch the clouds go by and that gives her a sense of the sea again. Grul lub ya w/28 yrs in the service. Her hubby was a lifer and thats Y the Tuck sun residency (army air corps).

67-Bronco-Chick

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but thank you so much for this info! Can anyone tell me how I could go about getting more info on my ‘67 military bronco? It unfortunately no longer has the info plate but it did come with its own set of dog tags. My dad had limited knowledge on it but he said it was used in the Air Force.

Attachments

• 0247C2C0-B9DA-46CC-9AA8-0CB82930B74C.jpeg
    0247C2C0-B9DA-46CC-9AA8-0CB82930B74C.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 5

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but thank you so much for this info! Can anyone tell me how I could go about getting more info on my ‘67 military bronco? It unfortunately no longer has the info plate but it did come with its own set of dog tags. My dad had limited knowledge on it but he said it was used in the Air Forc
Old thread or new---you can now find a good bit of information on the old military bronco on the net. Just type in old military bronco or old bastard military vehicle and it is their. I saw it today---9-7--2022

chrlsful

Reaction score
the premier bronk site (sorry be zone) is cb started by jeff's bronk grave yrd when many were just gettin into the net ('92 or so). I'd been on a doz yrs or so w/lexus/nexus so found it fairly quickly. At one point they hada thread on 'military bronks'. Lota egos over there and they hounded me off for upgrading to the 4L/stayin i6 so have not kept up over there:
click around & I'm sure you'll find some stuff...

Rodrigo Baratti

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Since 2016 I own a 1967 Bronco in Brazil, here this is a very rare vehicle, I estimate that there are less than 10 units in circulation.
Reading this thread, I think I found the origin of my Bronco.
Legend has it, we have no official story, that the US government donated 12 Bronco units to the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics, a Brazilian government agency responsible for, among other things, population counts, for use in remote areas.
In the 1980s, after years of being beat up and without maintenance, these vehicles were auctioned off to the civilian population.
My Bronco has an identification plate with exactly the same contract number - DA-AE07-67-C-3038 -, in addition to the same date of delivery: May 1967. Another evidence is the model and the color that is underneath the current yellow painting is the army green.
In this way, I hope I have contributed to clarify where the American Army Broncos are.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-04-18 at 13.43.19.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-18 at 13.43.19.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 4
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-04-18 at 13.48.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-04-18 at 13.48.34.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 4

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome!

That is interesting that the Identification plate also has the contract number on it. Very cool find.

Amos

Reaction score
I was assigned to an Army maintenance unit in Idar Oberstein Germany in 1970

As a clerk that was a poor typist, they made me the Commander's driver, Major

William H Foy. HQ-9 was Army sedan olive green. It had Mustang bucket seats

and a Ford AM tube radio under the dash. It was great...especially on the Auto

Bahn and in nasty weather. I have never scene one since. As an Army Reservist

for 21 years, I never did see one at an Army post during Annual Training. I have a

couple of pictures on file.
John could you please post or send me some of the pictures that you have on file of the Bronco?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke