4 Years Later - Bronco is done, well kinda...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoneyPitDigger

Reaction score
I'm going to reintroduce my since my first and only two posts were from four years ago !

Hello, again! My first post was about my 1996 Bronco XLT that I obtained in a trade for a motorcycle weeks before a deployment to AFG in 2017. I dropped the truck off in 2017 to get the rust cut out and body fixed along with the interior line-X'd. Turns out, this thing was a mess! Long story short, and WAY too much money later, here is the final product (Less the cage and the Soft Topper) This thing has lived in the shop for almost four years. I did what I could when I was home and took it to shops when I was not just to get caught up in this cycle of taking it from one shop to the next to fix the other shops mess ups....

When I had the 408 Stroker put in with the Holley ****** EFI, I had to use the US Shift Quick 2 Gen2 Stand-Alone Transmission Control System that NO one seemed able to wire in right. Finally, a gem of a shop called Chaos in Winchester, VA, was able to figure it out and get the shift points right.

Now I am in the home stretch of actually enjoying the truck less that last few issues I will post in another thread (Power door locks going nuts until I unplug the RKE module that was even replaced with the recommended one from a Mustang, No 4LO Light or 4LO engagement but 4HI works, and no power to Dome or Map Lights)

1996 Bronco.jpg

Last edited:

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to reintroduce my since my first and only two posts were from four years ago !

Hello, again! My first post was about my 1996 Bronco XLT that I obtained in a trade for a motorcycle weeks before a deployment to AFG in 2017. I dropped the truck off in 2017 to get the rust cut out and body fixed along with the interior line-X'd. Turns out, this thing was a mess! Long story short, and WAY too much money later, here is the final product (Less the cage and the Soft Topper) This thing has lived in the shop for almost four years. I did what I could when I was home and took it to shops when I was not just to get caught up in this cycle of taking it from one shop to the next to fix the other shops mess ups....

When I had the 408 Stroker put in with the Holley ****** EFI, I had to use the US Shift Quick 2 Gen2 Stand-Alone Transmission Control System that NO one seemed able to wire in right. Finally, a gem of a shop called Chaos in Winchester, VA, was able to figure it out and get the shift points right.

Now I am in the home stretch of actually enjoying the truck less that last few issues I will post in another thread (Power door locks going nuts until I unplug the RKE module that was even replaced with the recommended one from a Mustang, No 4LO Light or 4LO engagement but 4HI works, and no power to Dome or Map Lights)

View attachment 22124
Wow! From just that one pic, it has to be all worth it. Thing likes mean! What have you done to it in all those years it was in shops?

husmann

Reaction score

View attachment 22124
Thank you for your service! Beautiful Bronc. Don’t give up. I have the same bumpers, and they’re one of the best upgrades I’ve done.

griff

Reaction score
Great job. Looks like you have gone over everything! I have always had little dreams about doing just what you have done. Thank you for your service!

johnnyreb

Reaction score

View attachment 22124
Welcome back home and thank you for serving our country. Nice looking bronco

johnnyreb

Reaction score

View attachment 22124
Welcome home and thank you for serving our country. Nice that you back. Good looking bronco. Sorry about the bad luck you had at some shops. I think we all went through that . It is why I do most of mine or stay and watch them do the work. To make sure its done right. Again,welcome back home and thank you and all who have served and are serving our country now.

Popoagie6

Reaction score
That's beautiful. Makes me want to reconsider my thoughts about selling mine. Is it rude to ask what the redo cost?

Also, thank you for your service. As a mom of a young man, I've thought carefully about what it would be like to have my son go into the service. I've been a military chaplain spouse and know some things from the inside as well. Glad you're home safe. Be careful.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke