4 Wheel Drive Is Not Engaging On 95 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike18

Reaction score
I have automatic locking hubs, will switching to manual fix the problem? If so how hard is it to do yourself? Thanks

Iamnottelling

Reaction score
If the 4 wheel is not engaging and the light is not going on for the 4x4 but you hear a clicking then the celanid that engages is broken (Common problem). If you can get the front axles to engage the hubs may be broke and the change to manual hubs is well worth the couple hours of work. The first one took me 3 times as long as the second so if you have a buddy who has done it have him around.

OP
OP
M

mike18

Reaction score
Thanks, the 4 wheel drive light does turn on so I guess I'll switch to manual hubs and see if that fixes it.

Seabronc

Reaction score
When I did mine this year, the first one took 10 minutes but the second one took 10 day :lol: , nothing to do with the hubs though. Discovered my driver side axle u_joints were frozen and since I had to repair that I got all the parts and seals to rebuild the front end from the steering knuckle out :rolleyes: . Nice new shinny dust shields, seals, bearings, spindles, spindle nuts, and ofcourse Warn Premium manual lock outs, hubs and rotors wer just fine. Some wher in the area of $700 in parts from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard :unsure: .

Good luck,

:)>-

Emerald

Reaction score
An easy way to see if its your auto-lockers is to jack up the front of the truck and get both wheels off the ground. With the truck in 2wd, you turn the front driveshaft in the SAME directiona few full turns, You should feel a click and it should get harder to turn. If it gets harder and both wheels are turning your auto-lockers are good, If one wheel spins and the other doesnt, the non spinner s the culprit. On mine it was both sides. The swap took no more that 30 minutes for both and seem to be better if you get stuck, because as soon as you lock them and ht 4x4 button you are instantly in 4x4, not like the auto's where you need the truck to move a certain distance for them to lock, if your really stuck and can't move at all you will never get into 4x4. Just another plus for manuals.

Emerald

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23