4 wheel disc conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rodney72

Reaction score
I'd like some input on the different disc brake conversion kits. Who has installed them and which company makes the best one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi Rodney., welcome...!

This topic comes up often on this site.

EB discs have evolved from crawling thru "pick-a-parts" TO state of the art kits for front & rear.

The Co's that make them supply the major EB stores so there's prob. not a lot of difference.

That's where I'd go..... Toms Br. Parts., WildHorses 4x4., JBG., James Duff., plus several more. Their kits are "complete" & they offer several up-grades, Prevent. Maint. parts, etc. to go with the kit while you have it appart. (Ball-joints, wheel bearings for example)

Sometimes the rear shocks need re-locating.

Some folks say their discs didn't make them happy 'til they added the power brake kit.

All-in-all, it's not cheap when done right.

Having said that., I've not gone to discs on my rig as my drums work perfect.

Soooo., I can't give you a first-hand report.

Enjoy.,

B

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

Rodney72

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'm leaning towards Toms kit but Bronco connectionbs kit looks pretty nice too.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey Rodney,

2 important things : 1- Disc brakes are NOT self energising...don't waste your money unless you have power brakes. As BB said some folks wern't happy with them.

2- Discs grab harder, and need a different proportioning valve. for safety's sake get a prop. valve with whatever kit you buy.

Good Luck

OP
OP
R

Rodney72

Reaction score
Hey Rodney,

2 important things : 1- Disc brakes are NOT self energising...don't waste your money unless you have power brakes. As BB said some folks wern't happy with them.

2- Discs grab harder, and need a different proportioning valve. for safety's sake get a prop. valve with whatever kit you buy.

Good Luck
Thanks, I plan on installing a power brake system and prop valve as well. Not sure if it's worth doing 4 wheel discs or if it will be enough with front discs. It can't be any worse than what I have now! Thanks again for the input

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
"It can't be any worse than what I have now!"

Just to be clear..., this is due to neglect.

The factory drum brake system works excellent when they're up to spec.

However, this includes not just the drums but the M/C, lines, wheel cyl's., shoes.

My EB (drums on all 4, no power) stops as good as my all 4wheel power disc F-150.

Just say'n. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Soooo., If you're going to run W/drums in the rear.....they should be brought up to spec.

Either/or .., it's a fun project... >:D< <'>

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I agree, just replace the front with disc's and keep the rear drums and stay manual brakes to keep cost down. if you need more stopping power, go hydroboost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23