36 inch tires question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moonshiner

Reaction score
could i fit 36inch tires on my 1983 bronco v8 without a lift. all i do is play in the mud. if i cant fit then could i shave some fender to make it fit? or whats a very cheap way of lifting my bronco that wouldnt cost ALOT. all i want to do is roll in the mud?

Rednek

Reaction score
honestly to roll in the mud good you will need alittle lift. *(suspension)

you can get a cheap lift to fit in bigger tires. its called a body lift. its just bigger spacers between the connections of the body to the chassis....

a 3" body lift is around $150 but it doesnt help much at all in the mud. unless its reallllllly deep.

i dont think 36" tires would fit... your defenatley looking at major tire rubbing when ya turn sharp im sure ya know that... id get 35"x11.5x15"wheels...

Bronconewbie

Is it supposed to do that???
Reaction score
This gonna sound very redneck but this what Im doing. I got on Ebay any bought a wholesale lot of Hockey pucks and I'm gonna use them for my body lift. I got 50 of them for $20. It's just a thought

gatorbronco

Reaction score
Sounds like more than a thought if you already bought 50 hockey pucks. Why 50? Are you going to be the first person to install a 15" body lift? Anyways, if you really want to save money, styrofoam works much better.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
This gonna sound very redneck but this what Im doing. I got on Ebay any bought a wholesale lot of Hockey pucks and I'm gonna use them for my body lift. I got 50 of them for $20. It's just a thought
This thread is pinned in the 80-96 general discussion section as a tire fitment guide

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ost&p=34087

Courtesy of Ocalabronco

31" tires: these generally come on the truck stock. no fitment issues, no rubbing

33" tires: these WILL fit with no lift. the fit will be a touch snug, but you can either trim the edges of the bumper, or use washers as shims at the bumper mount. you can run a 3" body lift if you like to clear these tires, but its not necesary. slight rub will be encountered on the radius arms,depending on the dimensions of the rims

35" tires: these will fit with a 3" body lift at bare minimum, but its not advised for wheeling. large amounts of contact will be seen between body and tires. 4" suspension lift will provide better clearance, with a 6" suspension lift providing the optimal clearance while mainting a good center of gravity

38" tires: these can be run with 6" of lift and healthy amounts of fender trimming. its better to run around 8" of lift in order sufficiently clear these tires. once you get up into this size tire, you will be seriously taxing your stock running gear and drivetrain. a built up solid Dana 44 and rear 9" can handle this setup OK. adding a stonger rear, such as a Dana 60, is a safer option. depending on your typical wheeling enviroment, a swap to one ton running gear may be necesary to minimize breakage. for more information on this, refer to the Fullsizebronco.com message board, SAS forum.

anything bigger than 38" is going to be totally custom, and you really should upgrade to one ton stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

Rednek

Reaction score
bronconewbie, keepin it redneck i like it man... lol dont be ashamed of that.

dam good idea brother.

nice b2

black beauty

Reaction score
yea i got a friend with a 91 bronco with the inline six and 4 speed. he has 36" tsl superswampers on his bronco with no lift at all. he just trimmed the fenders. so yea the will fit and will look pretty good with the big tire and the trimmed fender

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23