3/4 Ton Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianmelnikow

Reaction score
i have a 79 bronco with a dana 44 front. i also have a 78 f250. ihave put the rear dana 60 from the f250 in my bronco and would like to swap the front. i would also like to keep the coil suspension. i heard that i can swap the steering knuckles out to get the bigger bearings, brakes, and eight lugs. i was wondering if the dana 44 from the bronco and the dana 44hd are the same from the knuckles in. any info would be great. thanks.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
You will not gain much strength by going to the F250 D44 since they are both D44's. The shafts and carrier are the same, only difference is the bearings and brakes that I know of. Look for a front D60 to match the rear.

Billz4x4z

Reaction score
on the other hand if price is an issue,just swap everything over from the danna 44 from the f250 spindle,etc.only thig you wil have to do is modify your brae lines or just swap them from the f250

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph