22 august 2009 The Nigthmare begins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

zintrex

Reaction score
Guess what im not dead or gone missing.

but i have come back from winter hibernation. |-)

the bronc has been just great all winter, the only "big" issue is the leaky ps pump.

The lpg conversion has been working really well, the truck runs beautifully on lpg, and most important its cheap.

i have decided that this summer i will swap my rear end spool for a proper diff,

darn car is wagging its ass like a happy dog, and almost all winter its been safely stuck in 4high.

but now that spring comes closer i am gonna get more work done on the good old bronc.

to start off i got 3 easy fix's that im gonna be doing the next week or 2.

fix 1:

reinstalling a windshield washer fluid tank and system, driving on spring roads wo a windshield washer system is really annoying, if not directly dangerous.

Fix 2:

The darn wipers have a really annoying bug.

they refuse to go back to start position automaticly, and the delay function refuses to work.

ive been really lazy on this one and just ordered a used switch and governor off ebay.

if that don't fix it il look closer into the wiring, (the wiper motor was new last summer)

Fix 3:

lately ive been feeling some minor slack in the passenger side suspension, nothing dangerous or even annoying, but i know its theres.

so i took the car to a shop where one of my buds work and put it on the lift with movable pads for the wheels to see what the issue was.

turns out my lower ball joint on the passenger side is a bit loose, so instead of waiting until its a issue i just ordered a new set.

i will be back with pictures and more updates in not to long,

and maybe i even will get my ass in gear and write a proper part about the lpg conversion.

Until then: yiiihaaaaa show them crappy long wheelbase trucks how true wheeling is done.

OP
OP
Z

zintrex

Reaction score
25-3-2011

Windshield washer fluid tank fitting:

Last summer when i installed the LPG kit, i had to rip out the Stock windshield washer fluid tank and pump.

Now that spring has arrived i can barely drive for a few minutes before i have to clean the Windshield.

so today i tackled the issue and installed a generic tank with pump.

The installation was pretty easy, had to take apart the metal separator where the vaporizer and toolbox was mounted,

and i had to drill 3 new holes.

Because i have lost the original nozzle for the system i had to replace it with a generic part that i got with the tank and pump kit.

so over to what the pepole wants to see: Picture time!

The old setup with the vaporizer located where the stock tank is:

wsf1.jpg

The Old stock electrical connector for the pump:

wsf2.jpg

The new connector for the new pump:

The new tank has 2 pumps, but i am only using one at the moment, i will be mounting headlight washer nozzles and run the second pump for that.

wsf3.jpg

The New setup.

The vaporizer has been moved to the side, and the new tank mounted next to it.

wsf4.jpg

The "generic nozzle" mounted in the stock hole.

wsf5.jpg

Lastly a picture of my little bronco.

There havent been many cosmetical changes to the car since i got it, but ive done a lot of work on it.

but afterall i dont drive the car because its pretty, i drive it because its awesome.

march2011.jpg

OP
OP
Z

zintrex

Reaction score
small update:

Today i attacked the front suspension and replaced the passenger side ball joints,

i forgot to bring my camera so i do not have any pictures from the job, but it was all pretty straigth forward stuff.

only 2 problems i had during the fix was that the spindle was stuck to the Knuckle, and that the spindle bearing was far beyond rescue.

so i guess il have to keep the hubs unlocked and stay away from the 4wd, until i have gotten the new bearing.

The old balljoints:

balljoints.jpg

The rubber parts of it just crumbled away when i took the knuckle off, and they are totaly dry.

Il try to remeber to take pictures when i do the drivers side.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph