5 Point Harnesses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
You need a roll bar or some type of stable bar to mount the shoulder harnesse up higher raither that down low on the floor. If you was to roll it the way there mounted it'll put more down ward pressure on your body and can compress your vertibras/spine.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Hey Freak, nile interior shot with the harnesses!!!

I agree with TXQH, though, about mounting the shoulder belts high. If you have seen the T.V. show Trucks! lately, Stacy was just talking about that very topic. As your body tries to move forward, the floor-mounted belts will pull downward on your spine (vertebrae) and can compress it , maybe even hurt your back. The best mounting point is behind and above you on a roll bar mount, so the belts just hold your body back to the seat. That's also how I plan to mount mine when I get the cage kit put in next month. My $0.02!!!

OP
OP
F

freak

Reaction score
I already rolled my old Bronco with this setup and was ok.

85&toggle=fullsize&filename=rollover%20001.jpg

But you guys are both right,I will be getting a 10 point cage in this one shortly and I'm going to have a bar installed behind the seats at the proper height for the shoulder straps to mount.

CDOONUT

Reaction score
nice looking truck, what year and whats all on it/in it? tire size, lift size?

OP
OP
F

freak

Reaction score
It's a 78,I got a 9" Skyjacker of lift,ladder bars,38.5" tires,very built 400 with a race prepped C6 tranny.I have a full describtion of it in the Broncozone feature truck section.

Hunter

Reaction score
I already rolled my old Bronco with this setup and was ok.
85&toggle=fullsize&filename=rollover%20001.jpg

But you guys are both right,I will be getting a 10 point cage in this one shortly and I'm going to have a bar installed behind the seats at the proper height for the shoulder straps to mount.

3312[/snapback]

I am new to Bronco Zone and was looking through old posts for information when I saw the above post from you. Can you tell me what a 10 point cage is?

OP
OP
F

freak

Reaction score
A cage is a system of steel tube's that goes around the drivere's compartment in a vehicle to protect the driver.A 10 point cage is how many attaching point's it will have.The more point's of attachment the stronger the cage and the better you arte protected.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Hunter, I am installing a 10-point rollcage kit in my 84 Bronco, just look for my thread on "S&W Racecars 10-point cage kit".

Freak, I just had a question for you on the type of 5-pt harnesses you have in that pic. Can you give some more specific info on those, like price and safety rating?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
F

freak

Reaction score
They are the G force Y type.I paid 70 a piece for them.They are going to not allow the Y type's anymore in drag racing.I guess they say therer nit as strong as the 2 strap's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat