Where Does This Little Guy Go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
I cant find where this goes it has a relativly short line so it has to be somewhere on the back of the engine i scoured through my haynes but didnt see it please help! (look between the heater and the air intake- black cap yellow wire {im guessing some sort of sensor as my check engine light comes on now but that could be because i havent hooked in the o2 sensor yet}

Mvc_284s.jpg

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Check to see if there's a place for it at the end of the exhaust manifold where it connects to the y-pipe. There is a bypass tube for the exhaust behind there.

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
i dont have a y pipe. is this the reason my check engine light comes on? or is it more likely the o2 sensor?

Bronco_Huey

Reaction score
if you don't have an o2 sensor then your check engine light is gonna come on...that is unless you have something called a MIL to trick the computer.

truckdriva

if it aint broke, fix it anyway!
Reaction score
looks like a vacuum line to me. don't have a 5.0 though so don't have a clue where it goes. just for reference though MIL stands for malfunction indicator lamp(check engine light) try stopping it up and see if your light goes off. is your truck running bad?

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
The truck runs great and everything appears to work. My oil sending unit is at the front side of the engine so i know its not that, im just hoping its some emissions bs and isnt neccisary. Im going to put the old oxy sensor on and just strap it to the frame to see if the light stops coming on, think that would work?

fbrown3

Reaction score
The O2 sensor needs to sense the exhaust, if it isn't connected to the exhaust it might try richen the fuel mixture thinking it is to lean by being outside on the frame.

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
It is a vacuume line...it goes to a tree which is behind the upper intake, and supplies vacuume to the modules on the drivers side valve cover, under your coil. Atleast that's the way it looks in the book. I looked on my truck, but would have to remove the upper to verify. Sorry.

94_bronc

Reaction score
i just had my trans rebuilt and i installed it that line goes to a vaccum valve for the air injection to the cat its right in the middle back of the engine. i should of gotten a pic for you but wanted to get it done sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
is it possible to attach it again or is everything going to be in the way? the engine light doesnt bother me anymore (took it out haha) i just dont like the fact its hanging there.

dicain

Reaction score
go to schucks and use their scanner if you dont have one yet. its the easy way to find a place to start finding out whats makeing the ligt come on.

Lou85bronco

Reaction score
There is a tube that goes between your manifolds with a diaphram on it below the rear of your intake.... its hard to see.. but that where that little bugger is supposed to go right on the top of the diaphram.. I had the exact thing on mine.. :huh:

Windchaser

Reaction score
Hey blues, I ran a week without my o2 hooked up and ran about 2mpg in the end of the week. I would hook that thing up and rehook my check engine light...I have been glad each time it has come on, that way I know that my o2 or map is f%cking up on me. Just a suggestion, good luck to ya man :D/ :)>-

OP
OP
bluesman17

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
I hooked up my o2 sensor that wasnt the problem with the light but it doesnt run nearly as rich now i had more problems with my engine and my guys are redoing it again and told me ill always have that light coming on cause i didnt hook up a vac line to my exhaust-oh well ill just periodically have the codes pulled from it. thanks for everysones help on this

VegasBronco

Reaction score
That vacuum line goes to the diverter valve at the back of the manifold. I recently changed mine out to see if I could get mine to run leaner, but it wasn't the problem. Anyway, I'm positive that that is where it goes. Yellow is for the diverter valve, red is for the check valve behind the smog pump and they both meet up at the diverter valve sensor toward the back of the right side of the block.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat