2.9 to 302 engine swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodlygo

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was thinking about dropping a 302 into my 1988 ranger xlt 2wd. i was wondering if a 302 would bolt up to my trans thats in there now? if anybody can tell me anything don't hold back. or if someone could tell me a trans that will bolt up in the truck i could replace the current one with to fit the 302. thanks lots yall have helped me alot with my other post thanks again!!!

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Nope the 302 wont bolt too that trans . Look up a site called advance adapters . The most common swap is a C4 with their adapter kit . The stock T case is plenty strong enough . I sqeezed a 351 in mine . Dont waste the money on thier headers though thier junk and definately not for performance . The ones I got were from James Duff they ahve some good stuff too . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
B

bodlygo

Reaction score
Nope the 302 wont bolt too that trans . Look up a site called advance adapters . The most common swap is a C4 with their adapter kit . The stock T case is plenty strong enough . I sqeezed a 351 in mine . Dont waste the money on thier headers though thier junk and definately not for performance . The ones I got were from James Duff they ahve some good stuff too . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
thank u vary much =]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane