1994 Power Tailgate Window Switch Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmunson

Reaction score
I have a 1994 Bronco and do not have the key for the window switch on the tailgate. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement, or if it's possible to have it re-keyed. Any help would be much appreciated!

THanks!

Thanks to all for the replies...I think my best option is to take the switch to a locksmith and have it re-keyed.

Last edited by a moderator:

bassplayer07

Reaction score
I had this same issue with my 95 Bronco. All I did was go to a locksmith and sat around for 15 minutes while he made a key to fit the switch.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
The key for the tailgate should be the same as your door key.

If your door key does not fit the tailgate, you can have the switch rekeyed to match.

bassplayer07

Reaction score
I know that the ignition key and the key that opens the doors will work for the back window if it's the older bronco's, 80's. But for the newer ones, 93-96, they had a separate key for the rear window.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
That seems odd. Was/are the door and ignition key the same?

Does one have to carry Three keys for a 93-96 truck?

I hate carrying more keys than necessary, and I have all the dors and deadbolts in my house keyed alike, I even have a couple of padlocks keyed alike, so that one key will open anything!

OP
OP
B

bmunson

Reaction score
I know that the ignition key and the key that opens the doors will work for the back window if it's the older bronco's, 80's. But for the newer ones, 93-96, they had a separate key for the rear window.
The rear window takes the same key that locks the glove box. Unfortunately, the previous owner didn't have it. The glovebox key from my 93 F150 fits the window switch but of course doesn't turn. Maybe I'll use that one and have a locksmith key it. It is kind of odd that it wouldn't be the door key!

Seabronc

Reaction score
I have one key that operates the locks on the doors, glove box and tail gate. According to the LMC Truck catalog, the 1980 - 9/80 Broncs used the same key for all locks including the ignition, 10/80 - 91 they went to a two key system and then 92 - 96 went back to a single key system. It is possible that someone changed a lock and used one with a different code if you have more than two keys for your truck.

:)>-

NAGS95

Reaction score
That seems odd. Was/are the door and ignition key the same?Does one have to carry Three keys for a 93-96 truck?

I hate carrying more keys than necessary, and I have all the dors and deadbolts in my house keyed alike, I even have a couple of padlocks keyed alike, so that one key will open anything!

I have a 95...and it takes two keys. The ignition and the door locks use the same key, and the second key is for the rear tailgate window.

keeprollling

Reaction score
When I lost my keys on one of my trips out of the state, I had to replace the door locks and ignition. I purchased the door locks at Kragen and the Ignition from Pep Boys. No one seemed to have both so I had to purchase separtly. The good thing was even though I purchase two different places, the keys both seem to close to design as one another. I am able to open and turn my truck on with one or the other.

I never had the rear gate key, it was a different one altogether but If I did have it I would have to use three keys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23