1990 Bronco 302 V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edwin Charles

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just joined the group. I'm thinking of buying a 1990 Ford Bronco with 90K miles on it for $1,000. The listing reads:

selling my dads bronco his 2nd wife and hiself have owned it since new have all paperwork going back till 1990 including orig window sticker of 21500 a ton of money in 1990. truck has the 302 small v/8 automatic w/pwr windows and door locks. fully functional ice cold ac. tires about a year old ; brake master;lines;calipers;pads all new.reg and inspected orig 90k miles and paperwork to prove it. looks good;runs good;needs nothing.

I got burned on a crappy Land Rover last year and can't afford to make another mistake. Can you offer any advise on what to look for?.. You should also know that I'm not a mechanic nor do I have a strong desire to learn. I just want cool truck that can take me off road when I go camping. So I'm hoping this will be low maintenance. If you think this isn't the truck for me can you recommend a vehicle of similar size/capability?

Thanks,

Edwin

Shadow_D

Reaction score
welcome.gif to the Zone!

A little more info is needed...

Where is the truck located?

I would get under the truck and look for rust / rot on both driver and passenger sides. I have a 90 that spent it's whole life in Upstate NY so the rot is an issue for me...

Look and Listen to the truck from start up to after it has come up to temp. If the guy won't let you listen to the motor, that should be a red flag. look for any smoke coming from the tailpipe, you are looking for a puff at startup as well. Look at the motor top and bottom for any signs of an oil leak.

The tailgate will most likely have rust / rot on the bottom as this was normal for any Bronco depending on where it spent it's life.

That should get you started and I'm sure other members will add to my list...

Good Luck and keep us updated. Keep in mind, if you have any problems with the Bronco after you buy it you can always come here and we all will be able to help you through it.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Unless you see any obvious problems, like major rust, it is definitely worth the $1000.00.

Some Bronco common rust areas are the rear door post, wheel wells, rear corner of quarter panels, and the rear cross member. Rust in any of these areas isn't a total disqualifier. You probably won't get a look under the rug, but you can look at the floorboards if you are willing to crawl under it and look up.

Good luck,

:)>-

P.S. Oh, what did you say that guys address was? I might want to beat, uh oh uh, meet you there :rolleyes: Just kidding :))

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23