1989 bronco 302

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacoboj64

Reaction score
i recently bought a 1989 bronco that came with a 302. Right now its has a bad real seal leak, so im debating replacing all thhe gaskets and real seal then slowley build it up, or juist getting a remaned crate 302. Im wanting to get low-med end Hp And TRQ. Im trying to build a"builtproof" truck for the woods and daily driving. does anyone have any sugestions on how i should go about this build and the parts i should use?

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
What you do depends on your pocket book. The best way to stop and pervent all the leaks is to go straight for the Re-man. If you have a low mile 302 then I would fix when leaks you have and spend the reat of the $$ taking care of the body and drive train.

sinker4

Reaction score
I had a bad leak that I thouht was coming from the rear main seal but turned out to be the original oil pan gasket was no good. I replace it with a Fel-pro one piece gasket and no more leaks. The cross member and exhaust cross over pipe prevents you from removing the pan but you can drop it enough to get the new gasket in. Cleaning the old gasket off is important. There is plenty of info on the internet.

GunnySutton

Reaction score
i recently bought a 1989 bronco that came with a 302. Right now its has a bad real seal leak, so im debating replacing all thhe gaskets and real seal then slowley build it up, or juist getting a remaned crate 302. Im wanting to get low-med end Hp And TRQ. Im trying to build a"builtproof" truck for the woods and daily driving. does anyone have any sugestions on how i should go about this build and the parts i should use?
I found an 88 302 block and rebuilt it myself. Is a flat tappet for my 4x4 1990 Bronco and was really easy to do. You will save lots of money if you have the time and space. Mine had an AOD transmission I rebuilt also that wasn't hard at all either. I used Monster Transmission and Jegs for most of my parts. Jeffs Bronco Graveyard had some specifics I only trusted from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke